Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: iOS Developper account without distribution certificate

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: May 22, 2015 8:39 AM Last Post By: Borja Serrano
Benjamin Cabot

iOS Developper account without distribution certificate  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 3:33 AM
Hi,

I work as external iOS developer for a company.

They added me as developer in their Apple Team. I could download the Development certificate, but not the Distribution one.

Is there any way to generate an IPA file that they can publish without the Distribution certificate?

Or something that they can import into xCode?

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Benjamin Cabot

Re: iOS Developper account without distribution certificate  
  Posted: May 21, 2015 6:10 AM   in response to: Benjamin Cabot in response to: Benjamin Cabot
Is there someone here who can explain to me how can we use XE8 to develop IOS application for a customer who already have is own apple dev account? :)

I tried to contact Embarcadero support by phone, and guy on phone told me that this product was not made for that….
Borja Serrano

Re: iOS Developper account without distribution certificate  
  Posted: May 22, 2015 8:39 AM   in response to: Benjamin Cabot in response to: Benjamin Cabot
If you want to distribute your app you need a distribution certificate. That is an Apple requirement. If you only want to show your app in the customer's Mac, they can install PAServer and you can deploy the app in their machine. But they need correct developer certificate's and provisioning profiles there.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02