Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'



Permlink Replies: 10 - Last Post: May 21, 2015 11:16 AM Last Post By: Jeff Overcash (... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 18, 2015 7:50 PM
Hi I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.

When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.

Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"

It confirmed my suspicion.

How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?

regards
Clement.
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 18, 2015 9:58 PM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Hi I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.

When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.

Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"

It confirmed my suspicion.

How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?

regards
Clement.

controls.res is in the lib\$(platform)\$(config) directory. Getting that error
usually means that your library path is wrong and no longer pointing to the
correct library for the platform you are compiling for.

Tools | Options | Delphi Options | Library

It should have

$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)

in it. Make sure you do not hit the delete invalid paths as that will break
your configuration.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 19, 2015 1:01 AM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Hi Jeff, Thanks. But this not the case.
When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding it, instead it showed in gray colour.
That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.

So where did we go wrong?

Clement

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Hi I had a problem compiling programs with Delphi XE7.

When I tried to recreate the problem so that I can send it to third party developer for investigating.
But then after the problematic program is created, a new error appeared, different from the previous error.
I suspected that something was wrong with Delphi XE7 as I had never seen anything like that before.

Then I decided to test a blank VCL program, saved, compiled. Error:-" [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found: 'Controls.res'"

It confirmed my suspicion.

How do I solve the problem so that it can be restored and used again like before?

regards
Clement.

controls.res is in the lib\$(platform)\$(config) directory. Getting that error
usually means that your library path is wrong and no longer pointing to the
correct library for the platform you are compiling for.

Tools | Options | Delphi Options | Library

It should have

$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)

in it. Make sure you do not hit the delete invalid paths as that will break
your configuration.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Remy Lebeau (Te...


Posts: 9,447
Registered: 12/23/01
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 19, 2015 8:58 AM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Yap wrote:

When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
it, instead it showed in gray colour.

That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.

That is fine. $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
actually compiled. Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
not. Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 19, 2015 6:23 PM   in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te... in response to: Remy Lebeau (Te...
Hi thanks. But it cannot be compiled.

Please see the [Picture of Delphi's library path|https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8&authuser=0] .

Please advise. Thanks
regards
Clement

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Yap wrote:

When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
it, instead it showed in gray colour.

That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.

That is fine. $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
actually compiled. Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
not. Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 9:35 AM
Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 1:31 AM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .

Sorry for my mistake.

Clement

Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Hi thanks. But it cannot be compiled.

Please see the [Picture of Delphi's library path|https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8&authuser=0] .

Please advise. Thanks
regards
Clement

Remy Lebeau (TeamB) wrote:
Yap wrote:

When I copied "$(BDSLIB)\$(PLATFORM)\$(CONFIG)" and tried adding
it, instead it showed in gray colour.

That indicated that It cannot be added due to invalid path.

That is fine. $(PLATFORM) and $(CONFIG) are populated when the project is
actually compiled. Until then, they don't point anywhere that is meaningful
to the IDE, which is why it thinks the path is invalid, when it really is
not. Just leave it as-is and let the compiler/linker worry about it.

--
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 9:35 AM

Edited by: Yap Tsi Searn on May 20, 2015 4:32 PM
Borja Serrano

Posts: 172
Registered: 1/10/13
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res'
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 9:34 AM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Try launching the IDE with the option "-rtest" as explained here:

http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597
Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res' [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 9:45 AM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .

Sorry for my mistake.

Clement

Launch the IDE like

bds -r foo

This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
directory).

Your paths should look like

$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include

Does your test app compile now? If so then take the path string and in your
normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
version. IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res' [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 6:37 PM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Hi thanks

Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like Mad Except and Raize stuff?
Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?

Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?

Clement

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .

Sorry for my mistake.

Clement

Launch the IDE like

bds -r foo

This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
directory).

Your paths should look like

$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include

Does your test app compile now? If so then take the path string and in your
normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
version. IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Yap Tsi Searn

Posts: 9
Registered: 4/6/08
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res' [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 20, 2015 6:55 PM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Hi Jeff. Thanks it work!
Even the custom controls are still retained.
Phew....

But why did it go haywire in the first place?
I am sure I did not delete library path by accident but only prioritize them only

Thanks again. Felt like I am restored again...

Clement

Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Hi thanks

Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like Mad Except and Raize stuff?
Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?

Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?

Clement

Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Just realised my unworkable link. Here is the [Click to see picture|https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8pWRAmt5nDUU2tCc1JWUDhOWm8/view?usp=sharing] .

Sorry for my mistake.

Clement

Launch the IDE like

bds -r foo

This will be a clean no addon default launch of hte IDE (bds.exe is in your bin
directory).

Your paths should look like

$(BDSLIB)\$(Platform)\release;$(BDSUSERDIR)\Imports;$(BDS)\Imports;$(BDSCOMMONDIR)\Dcp;$(BDS)\include

Does your test app compile now? If so then take the path string and in your
normal version replace the first 4 entries with the string in the default
version. IOW everything but your MadExcept and Raize stuff.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Jeff Overcash (...

Posts: 1,529
Registered: 9/23/99
Re: Delphi XE7 Problem: [dcc32 Error] E1026 File not found:'Controls.res' [Edit]
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 21, 2015 11:16 AM   in response to: Yap Tsi Searn in response to: Yap Tsi Searn
Yap Tsi Searn wrote:
Hi thanks

Before I make changes to Delphi, does that mean it will not be same as before, like Mad Except and Raize stuff?
Meaning that I will need to install custom controls again?

Sorry I am not sure what "IOW everything". I cannot think of but "In other words", isn't it?

Clement

The -r switch tells it to use a differently named registry hive. If you do not
include it it goes back to using the default. It is useful to determine if it
is a base problem with the IDE or a config/third party problem.

yes iow is shorthand for in other words. The library path would only have the
default paths in it, but not things added like those two. But only for the
newly named registry tree.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor
I must fear evil. For I am but mortal and mortals can only die.
Asking questions, pleading answers from the nameless
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.
(Fish)

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02