Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Migration to XE8 lost Android target platform

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 21, 2015 6:52 PM Last Post By: Eli M
Peter Guth

Migration to XE8 lost Android target platform
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 4:53 PM
I have a Firemonkey project that was working fine in both Windows and Android. It worked in XE7, and XE6 before that.

When I moved to XE8, and finally got the Mobile pack registered, the Android target was gone and there was no way to add an Android target platform to the project. If I start a new project, Android is an option.

Is there a way to get the Android target back, without recreating the project and moving all the units over to it?
Reza Nasouri

Re: Migration to XE8 lost Android target platform
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 6:16 PM   in response to: Peter Guth in response to: Peter Guth
Peter Guth wrote:
I have a Firemonkey project that was working fine in both Windows and Android. It worked in XE7, and XE6 before that.

When I moved to XE8, and finally got the Mobile pack registered, the Android target was gone and there was no way to add an Android target platform to the project. If I start a new project, Android is an option.

Is there a way to get the Android target back, without recreating the project and moving all the units over to it?

I lost all platforms after upgrading to xe8 and I had already migrated them with xe8 beta! I could finally get the platform are Back by running the setup program and select modify. Good luck!!
Eli M

Re: Migration to XE8 lost Android target platform
  Posted: Apr 21, 2015 6:52 PM   in response to: Peter Guth in response to: Peter Guth
Re-create the project and move the units over.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02