Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Delphi XE7 upd1 IDE become unstable

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 2, 2015 9:06 AM Last Post By: Borja Serrano
Auto Computers

Delphi XE7 upd1 IDE become unstable  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 12, 2015 7:08 AM
Hi all

I have recently been experiencing problems in IDE while coding. Code insight which has worked work fairly well has become slow and
often does not work at all. Error insight is highlighting errors where there is no code. While running an app in debug I have had
XE7 bombing out when it hits an error. This may be because of 3rd party tools I cant say for sure.

I decided to do a repair on XE7. Will this affect the FMX hotfix that I installed previously? Do I need to reinstall hot fix?

Thanks
Godfrey
ion moraru

Re: Delphi XE7 upd1 IDE become unstable  
  Posted: Apr 2, 2015 12:12 AM   in response to: Auto Computers in response to: Auto Computers
Godfrey Fletcher wrote:
XE7 bombing out when it hits an error.

I have lots of crashes also since I installed XE7.
I was trying to find the reason for them. I thought it was EurekaLog's fault but the guys from Eureka investigated the matter and it isn't. They called Delphi XE7 a "train wreck" which I totally agree with it.

I am thinking in getting a refund.
Borja Serrano

Re: Delphi XE7 upd1 IDE become unstable  
  Posted: Apr 2, 2015 9:06 AM   in response to: Auto Computers in response to: Auto Computers
Hello Godfrey,

If you do a "Repair" you will need to install the hotfix, yes. I would try to use the "-r" option as explained here: http://support.embarcadero.com/es/article/42597 before repairing. This way you will see how the IDE behaves without 3rd party products loaded

Godfrey Fletcher wrote:
Hi all

I have recently been experiencing problems in IDE while coding. Code insight which has worked work fairly well has become slow and
often does not work at all. Error insight is highlighting errors where there is no code. While running an app in debug I have had
XE7 bombing out when it hits an error. This may be because of 3rd party tools I cant say for sure.

I decided to do a repair on XE7. Will this affect the FMX hotfix that I installed previously? Do I need to reinstall hot fix?

Thanks
Godfrey
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02