Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Firemonkey TComboBox - Detail Text in the dropdown box

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Mar 20, 2015 5:31 AM Last Post By: Eli M
Craig Cox

Firemonkey TComboBox - Detail Text in the dropdown box  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 17, 2015 12:56 PM
I am building a mobile app using D XE7 for an android tablet. I have some fairly complicated items that the user will pick from a combo box. I would like to have some detail text show up in the dropdown box, not in the TComboBox itself. It seems to make more sense to present the detail at the time the item is chosen. For example, I have database field that will hold a soil classification such as GW. I would like the drop down list to be GW Well Graded Gravel. It appears it might be a style issue? I noticed I can include it in the Combox result, but I can afford the extra tablet real estate space, and it seems a bit backwards to provide the "hint" after the choice is made.

Thanks
Eli M

Re: Firemonkey TComboBox - Detail Text in the dropdown box  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 20, 2015 5:31 AM   in response to: Craig Cox in response to: Craig Cox
I'm not quite understanding the issue. It sounds like you want 2 lines of text in a combobox item in it's drop down?

One idea would be to use a regular TEdit and a TListView as your drop down menu. You'd have to take care of hiding the TListView on events like device rotate, keyboard popup, etc. though.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02