Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How to display a Logindialog

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Feb 20, 2015 10:50 AM Last Post By: Daniel Fields
Erich Guenthner

How to display a Logindialog  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 19, 2015 7:41 AM
i'm new in Intraweb.
How to display a Logindialog overlapping current Window.
Similary to ShowModal
Thanks!
Daniel Fields

Re: How to display a Logindialog  
  Posted: Feb 19, 2015 10:56 AM   in response to: Erich Guenthner in response to: Erich Guenthner
As far as I know there is not a built-in modal control that gives you a design-time surface. I always make a separate login page for my applications. That way they do not get to see anything until I want them to.

You could also do it with regions stacked on top of each other. You would only set one region visible at any given time. If you still want modal dialogs, you should checkout [CG Dev Tools|http://www.cgdevtools.com/]. They offer a really nice set of controls that allow you to add more style and functionality to your interface. They have a couple of dialog controls that give you the popup modal behavior. One of the controls gives you a design-time surface that you can place other controls into, and allows you to add custom buttons. There are also functions in the library that aid you in building asynchronous functionality.
Erich Günthner

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 12:39 AM   in response to: Daniel Fields in response to: Daniel Fields
Thanks a lot!
But when i see other Sites they have Popup-Windows.
See Facebook, there are a lot of popupwindows.
How do they do it?
Eitan Arbel

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 1:52 AM   in response to: Erich Günthner in response to: Erich Günthner
hi Erich,.

i don't know how to make a Login popup window, but i wouldn't recommend it.
there are many programs, browser-plugins and browser-settings that can block pop-ups, so that can mess things up for you users if you think about a login window.

like Daniel, i too made a page for the login.
i set my Login page as my main page, and in this page there is a nice "Welcome" design, and some more important slow-scrolling information for my users.
i really think that is the best way for the Login.
Daniel Fields

Posted: Feb 20, 2015 10:50 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
Good point Eitan, I forgot about that problem. That was the last straw for me. The cross-browser support for a true popup was getting tough.

The methods used in the CGDev product work asynchronously, within the page. I use them for editing records within a page. I am not sure how that would work for login, from a design standpoint. If the login is to be a popup, what will be on the underlying page? It cannot popup over another page or application so there has to be content for the initial page.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02