Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Too many connections using TSQLconnection

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Feb 19, 2015 4:18 AM Last Post By: Robert Triest
Stefano Gamberoni

Too many connections using TSQLconnection  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 17, 2015 3:20 AM
Hi,
I wrote a simple program that performs a query on a mysql database. Using the object TSQLConnection with relative TSQLQuery and MySQL driver (use Embarcadero Delphi enterprise XE3) but I can not close the TCP connections that are created at each "SELECT". The timeout does not work. Is there a way to really disconnect the mysql client from the server? The various options close, free etc ... have no effect. Only closing the program connections fall.
Any ideas?

Thanks
Robert Triest

Re: Too many connections using TSQLconnection  
  Posted: Feb 17, 2015 5:06 AM   in response to: Stefano Gamberoni in response to: Stefano Gamberoni
I like to add another problem. Maybe I have here same kind of problem when using for the first time
a MySQL connection in my application. (Using XE3, FireDac version 7.0.1)

The program using the connection will wait for next sql query process (like one day later) but then the message
is raised "MySQL server has gone away" I've tried to close/dispose/free the connection but that has no effect.
Only after restarting the application the connection is renewed. Also tried to set the time-out of the MySQL
config on a long time but that also doesn't work. Is it possible at all to really free the connection in run-time?
There is no such problem with connections to MSSQL.
Robert Triest

Re: Too many connections using TSQLconnection  
  Posted: Feb 19, 2015 4:18 AM   in response to: Stefano Gamberoni in response to: Stefano Gamberoni
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02