Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7 - Windows Phone

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Feb 16, 2015 6:51 AM Last Post By: Jason Sweby
Pramod Nair

XE7 - Windows Phone
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 16, 2015 1:39 AM
I developed one multi-device mobile app and running good in the Android and IOS. What are the procedures for building the same application for windows phone? The file building for the windows platform is exe which is not supported in the windows store. How can build APPX or XAP file which is supported by Windows?
Jason Sweby

Re: XE7 - Windows Phone
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 16, 2015 6:51 AM   in response to: Pramod Nair in response to: Pramod Nair
Pramod Nair wrote:
I developed one multi-device mobile app and running good in the Android and IOS. What are the procedures for building the same application for windows phone? The file building for the windows platform is exe which is not supported in the windows store. How can build APPX or XAP file which is supported by Windows?

Delphi does not currently support Windows Phone development (which is a shame because I have one and I love it). Currently the only mobile platforms supported are iOS and Android. There was a vague reference to Windows Phone on a Delphi roadmap a while back, but I've since read that Embarcadero don't consider it a platform successful enough to warrant any time developing for.

Hopefully, with the advent of Universal Apps, this position might change, because an app could then support Windows, Windows Phone and Xbox all in one hit.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02