Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How to create a custom listboxitem style for iOS ?

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Feb 2, 2015 3:16 AM Last Post By: Davide Rubbiani
Davide Rubbiani

How to create a custom listboxitem style for iOS ?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 30, 2015 8:51 AM
Hello,

I'm using XE7 and I'm trying to show a listbox with a custom styled listboxitem.
Considering that in docwiki is strongly reccomended using TListBox component to layout controls and short data list and the usefullnes of the TListBox component I suppose creating a custom style should be easy but id doesn't seem to be...

For my iOS app I choosed the CoralCrystal style.
When I click the right button on a previuosly created TListboxItem component I can't see the "Edit custom style...' menu option.
Through the TStyleBook after selecting the listboxitembottomdetail I can't insert any component (like as it is shown in the customlistbox sample project) and the listboxitem is rappresented as a blank square in the style designer.

I just need to show two more text field in the listbox item.
In which way I can create a custom TListBox item style to use in my iOS app ?

Thank you,
Davide
Eli M

Re: How to create a custom listboxitem style for iOS ?
Correct
  Posted: Jan 30, 2015 10:20 AM   in response to: Davide Rubbiani in response to: Davide Rubbiani
In Firemonkey most controls can be inside most other controls (TListView is an exception).

Just drop your text field controls on the TListBoxItem and they will be inside it (it will be their Parent). Or create them at runtime and set the TListBoxItem as the Parent.
Davide Rubbiani

Re: How to create a custom listboxitem style for iOS ?  
  Posted: Feb 2, 2015 3:16 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
In Firemonkey most controls can be inside most other controls (TListView is an exception).

Just drop your text field controls on the TListBoxItem and they will be inside it (it will be their Parent). Or create them at runtime and set the TListBoxItem as the Parent.

Thank you for your suggestion.
I'm realizing that Firemonkey is really far away from VCL and from RAD in general...

Davide
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02