Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi)

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Jan 12, 2015 6:44 AM Last Post By: Alain Forget
Alain Forget

Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 9, 2015 7:47 AM
Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point.

Alain

Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 7:47 AM

Edited by: Alain Forget on Jan 9, 2015 8:01 AM
serg kas

Re: Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi)  
  Posted: Jan 12, 2015 2:41 AM   in response to: Alain Forget in response to: Alain Forget
Alain Forget wrote:
Is there a function to convert IBM mainframe double precision floating point to a format compatible with Delphi. I also need the reverse function to move a delphi double to IBM floating point.

Easy to write if you have the format spec. I remember IBM Fortran double precision had same exp size as single precision and +32 bits of mantissa, but I maybe wrong.
Alain Forget

Re: Converting IBM floating point to IEEE (delphi)  
  Posted: Jan 12, 2015 6:44 AM   in response to: serg kas in response to: serg kas
serg kas wrote:
Alain Forget wrote:

Easy to write if you have the format spec. I remember IBM Fortran double precision had same exp size as single precision and +32 bits of mantissa, but I maybe wrong.

Yeah, that's what I read on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_Floating_Point_Architecture

I found some code in C++ that converts IEEE574 (Delphi) to IBM floating point but I was wondering if there was any functions that already exist on Delphi.

Alain

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02