Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 10 - Last Post: May 10, 2017 7:19 AM Last Post By: Chad Hower
Davide Sbetti

Posts: 1
Registered: 7/16/14
Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 26, 2014 10:04 AM
Good Evening,

I'm trying to install an ISAPI Extension compiled with Delphi XE7 with an Ultimate Intraweb (14.0.36) License on IIS 7 (Windows 7 64 bit) but I receive an error when I try to execute the extension (.dll): "ISAPI is not available in your license". But with an Ultimate License I can develop ISAPI Extensions, can't I?

Thank you for answering.

Davide Sbetti
Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension [Edit]  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 6, 2015 8:17 AM   in response to: Davide Sbetti in response to: Davide Sbetti
On 12/26/2014 2:06 PM, Davide Sbetti wrote:
I'm trying to install an ISAPI Extension compiled with Delphi XE7
with an Ultimate Intraweb (14.0.36) License on IIS 7 (Windows 7 64
bit) but I receive an error when I try to execute the extension
(.dll): "ISAPI is not available in your license". But with an
Ultimate License I can develop ISAPI Extensions, can't I?

Yes you can deploy ISAPI. Likely your license is not being recognized.

Can you run an SA app and send me the output of the debug window please?
It contains information about finding the license etc.

--
"Programming is an art form that fights back"
IntraWeb IRC and Web Chat:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/Support/IRC.aspx

Thomas Riedel

Posts: 6
Registered: 5/7/00
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 8, 2015 4:45 AM   in response to: Davide Sbetti in response to: Davide Sbetti
Davide Sbetti wrote:
Good Evening,

I'm trying to install an ISAPI Extension compiled with Delphi XE7 with an Ultimate Intraweb (14.0.36) License on IIS 7 (Windows 7 64 bit) but I receive an error when I try to execute the extension (.dll): "ISAPI is not available in your license". But with an Ultimate License I can develop ISAPI Extensions, can't I?

Thank you for answering.

Davide Sbetti

I am facing the same problem. Did you solve it?
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jan 8, 2015 5:09 AM   in response to: Thomas Riedel in response to: Thomas Riedel
Thomas Riedel wrote:
Davide Sbetti wrote:
Good Evening,

I'm trying to install an ISAPI Extension compiled with Delphi XE7 with an Ultimate Intraweb (14.0.36) License on IIS 7 (Windows 7 64 bit) but I receive an error when I try to execute the extension (.dll): "ISAPI is not available in your license". But with an Ultimate License I can develop ISAPI Extensions, can't I?

Thank you for answering.

Davide Sbetti

I am facing the same problem. Did you solve it?

Can you build a simple Stand alone application, build it and check the log window content? Please send it to alexandre [at] atozed dot com
Graham Murt

Posts: 70
Registered: 5/15/07
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 5, 2015 1:59 AM   in response to: Davide Sbetti in response to: Davide Sbetti
Have you found a solution to this yet? I'm having the same problem.

I've re-applied my Intraweb Ultimate license and even placed the IWLicense.pas file in my project folder and linked it to the project.

I've also searched my PC to see if any other license file exists and deleted it.

IIS 8 is giving me a "ISAPI is not available in your license." error which is really frustrating.

Please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Delphi XE7, Upd1 - IIS8 - IntraWeb Version: 14.0.37

Kind regards,
Graham Murt
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 5, 2015 2:11 PM   in response to: Graham Murt in response to: Graham Murt
Just to inform other users: This was NOT a problem with license, but a IIS setup issue. Like all IIS issues (99% at least), this was a security setting. MS makes things harder and harder to configure at each new Windows version.
THIAGO MAIA ROD...

Posts: 3
Registered: 3/1/04
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 10, 2017 11:09 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Just to inform other users: This was NOT a problem with license, but a IIS setup issue. Like all IIS issues (99% at least), this was a security setting. MS makes things harder and harder to configure at each new Windows version.

Hi,

THIAGO MAIA ROD...

Posts: 3
Registered: 3/1/04
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 10, 2017 11:10 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Just to inform other users: This was NOT a problem with license, but a IIS setup issue. Like all IIS issues (99% at least), this was a security setting. MS makes things harder and harder to configure at each new Windows version.

Hi,

I need your help, could you tell me what issues can I fix to solve this problem?

Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 13, 2017 1:20 AM   in response to: THIAGO MAIA ROD... in response to: THIAGO MAIA ROD...
THIAGO MAIA RODRIGUES wrote:
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Just to inform other users: This was NOT a problem with license, but a IIS setup issue. Like all IIS issues (99% at least), this was a security setting. MS makes things harder and harder to configure at each new Windows version.

Hi,

I need your help, could you tell me what issues can I fix to solve this problem?


This specific case was caused by security settings of IIS web application ("Connect As" was not configured correctly). I can't say it is the same problem that affects your application. Please follow this document to do proper setup of IIS:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying ISAPI using IIS.html
THIAGO MAIA ROD...

Posts: 3
Registered: 3/1/04
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 9, 2017 8:25 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Alexandre Machado wrote:
THIAGO MAIA RODRIGUES wrote:
Alexandre Machado wrote:
Just to inform other users: This was NOT a problem with license, but a IIS setup issue. Like all IIS issues (99% at least), this was a security setting. MS makes things harder and harder to configure at each new Windows version.

Hi,

I need your help, could you tell me what issues can I fix to solve this problem?


This specific case was caused by security settings of IIS web application ("Connect As" was not configured correctly). I can't say it is the same problem that affects your application. Please follow this document to do proper setup of IIS:

http://docs.atozed.com/docs.dll/deployment/isapi/Deploying ISAPI using IIS.html


Hi Alexandre,

is there a trial version(download and install in delphi 10 seattle) that we could see our Dll ISAPI working perfectly in our enviroment ?

Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: Ultimate License Error for ISAPI Extension  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 10, 2017 7:19 AM   in response to: THIAGO MAIA ROD... in response to: THIAGO MAIA ROD...
On 5/9/2017 11:25 AM, THIAGO MAIA RODRIGUES wrote:
is there a trial version(download and install in delphi 10 seattle)
that we could see our Dll ISAPI working perfectly in our enviroment
?

ISAPI is in the trial version:
http://www.atozed.com/intraweb/features/
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02