Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Setting Android Version to 4.0.3 API 15.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 8 - Last Post: Dec 16, 2014 7:24 AM Last Post By: Unnamed Unnamed
Stev Warby

Setting Android Version to 4.0.3 API 15.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 11, 2014 2:08 AM
I have followed this :
community.embarcadero.com/index.php/arti...program-zipalign-exe
ref the error with zip align.

I am now trying to install the above version so i can compile to a specific Android version.

Is there an idiots guide on how to do this.
I have installed API 15 in the Android tools.
I have the following folders :

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\platforms\android-15

What do I set and where to enable this.

Thanks
Markus Humm

Re: Setting Android Version to 4.0.3 API 15.  
  Posted: Dec 11, 2014 6:43 AM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Am 11.12.2014 11:08, schrieb Stev Warby:
I have followed this :

I am now trying to install the above version so i can compile to a specific Android version.

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\PlatformSDKs\android-ndk-r9c\platforms\android-15

Thanks

Hello,

may I ask why you want to compile to a specific Android version?
One thing to change is the manifest xml template file to be found in
your project directory.

Greetings

Markus
Ste War

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 9:48 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 11.12.2014 11:08, schrieb Stev Warby:
I have followed this :

Thanks

Hello,

may I ask why you want to compile to a specific Android version?
One thing to change is the manifest xml template file to be found in
your project directory.

Greetings

Markus

Hi Markus,

I am using a Android PDA Chainway C4000 ( http://www.chainway.net/products/c4000.asp# )with RFID Scanner for an asset tagging application.

I have played around with standard Android phones and tablets an the apps have run fine. On this device the app either locks up or works for a few touches. One project is simply 2 edit boxes and the other is a simple master detail template app.

I emailed the supplier with the apk files and he sent this back.

I have tested the app and both the app on the first time you run it hangs than I run the master app again and it works but the project3 app is not working at all I don’t get any edit nor I can even scan or type anything after splash screen I only get a white page and where ever I click nothing happens, so the apps are not working on c4000 also did your made the app based on android 4.0 version because the app needs to be build based on android4.0 onwards I am not sure about the tools you are using but generally our guys develop the app in eclipse and in eclipse you can compile the app by choosing the android version like 2.3 and above or 4.0 and above and many more. So if in your Delphi or what ever the tool you are using if you have compile or developed based on latest than android like 4.4,etc… than it will not work with devices based on android 4.0.

The device is running Android 4.0.4 which is API15.

So I am hoping this is the issue.

Thanks
Unnamed Unnamed

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 9:26 AM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Copy and name file with sdk extension. Import to delphi and check paths. I'm using higher API too, but most omportant for me are newest build tools. Advantage is simple, newest tool may have fixed bugs like in ADB and better stripped so file which give U smaller apk output.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" DefaultTargets="">
<PropertyGroup>
<Profile_platform>Android</Profile_platform>
<Profile_host>localhost</Profile_host>
<Profile_port>64211</Profile_port>
<Profile_sdkname>AndroidSDK23.0.5_32bit.sdk</Profile_sdkname>
<Profile_displayname>Android SDK 23.0.5 32 bit</Profile_displayname>
<Profile_version>23.0.5</Profile_version>
<Profile_sysroot>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk</Profile_sysroot>
<NDKArmLinuxAndroidFile>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe</NDKArmLinuxAndroidFile>
<NDKArmLinuxAndroidStripFile>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-strip.exe</NDKArmLinuxAndroidStripFile>
<NDKApiPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\platforms\android-21</NDKApiPath>
<NDKBasePath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c</NDKBasePath>
<NDKGdbServerPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\prebuilt\android-arm\gdbserver\gdbserver</NDKGdbServerPath>
<SDKZipAlignPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\21.1.1\ZipAlign.exe</SDKZipAlignPath>
<SDKAndroidPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\tools\Android.bat</SDKAndroidPath>
<SDKAdbPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools\Adb.exe</SDKAdbPath>
<SDKAaptPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\21.1.1\Aapt.exe</SDKAaptPath>
<SDKApiLevelPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platforms\android-21\android.jar</SDKApiLevelPath>
<JDKPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25</JDKPath>
<JDKJarsignerPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\JarSigner.exe</JDKJarsignerPath>
<JDKKeyToolPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\KeyTool.exe</JDKKeyToolPath>
<DelphiNDKLibraryPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\platforms\android-21\arch-arm\usr\lib;G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\sources\cxx-stl\gnu-libstdc++\4.9\libs\armeabi-v7a</DelphiNDKLibraryPath>
<Profile_password>AB1401D23AF8F3C66832CE6040E1FA2D</Profile_password>
</PropertyGroup>
</Project>
Ste War

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 9:51 AM   in response to: Unnamed Unnamed in response to: Unnamed Unnamed
Unnamed Unnamed wrote:
Copy and name file with sdk extension. Import to delphi and check paths. I'm using higher API too, but most omportant for me are newest build tools. Advantage is simple, newest tool may have fixed bugs like in ADB and better stripped so file which give U smaller apk output.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003" DefaultTargets="">
<PropertyGroup>
<Profile_platform>Android</Profile_platform>
<Profile_host>localhost</Profile_host>
<Profile_port>64211</Profile_port>
<Profile_sdkname>AndroidSDK23.0.5_32bit.sdk</Profile_sdkname>
<Profile_displayname>Android SDK 23.0.5 32 bit</Profile_displayname>
<Profile_version>23.0.5</Profile_version>
<Profile_sysroot>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk</Profile_sysroot>
<NDKArmLinuxAndroidFile>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-ld.exe</NDKArmLinuxAndroidFile>
<NDKArmLinuxAndroidStripFile>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\toolchains\arm-linux-androideabi-4.9\prebuilt\windows-x86_64\bin\arm-linux-androideabi-strip.exe</NDKArmLinuxAndroidStripFile>
<NDKApiPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\platforms\android-21</NDKApiPath>
<NDKBasePath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c</NDKBasePath>
<NDKGdbServerPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\prebuilt\android-arm\gdbserver\gdbserver</NDKGdbServerPath>
<SDKZipAlignPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\21.1.1\ZipAlign.exe</SDKZipAlignPath>
<SDKAndroidPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\tools\Android.bat</SDKAndroidPath>
<SDKAdbPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platform-tools\Adb.exe</SDKAdbPath>
<SDKAaptPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\build-tools\21.1.1\Aapt.exe</SDKAaptPath>
<SDKApiLevelPath>G:\AndroidSDK\sdk\platforms\android-21\android.jar</SDKApiLevelPath>
<JDKPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25</JDKPath>
<JDKJarsignerPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\JarSigner.exe</JDKJarsignerPath>
<JDKKeyToolPath>C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_25\bin\KeyTool.exe</JDKKeyToolPath>
<DelphiNDKLibraryPath>G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\platforms\android-21\arch-arm\usr\lib;G:\AndroidSDK\ndk\android-ndk-r10c\sources\cxx-stl\gnu-libstdc++\4.9\libs\armeabi-v7a</DelphiNDKLibraryPath>
<Profile_password>AB1401D23AF8F3C66832CE6040E1FA2D</Profile_password>
</PropertyGroup>
</Project>

I am not understanding what to do here. New to this. Can you explain further please.

Thanks.
Unnamed Unnamed

Posted: Dec 14, 2014 8:39 PM   in response to: Ste War in response to: Ste War
It's mine SDK Manager profile as example. Just analize paths and change them to yours after update NDK/SDK

b.r.

I am not understanding what to do here. New to this. Can you explain further please.

Thanks.
Ste War

Posted: Dec 11, 2014 4:48 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Stev Warby wrote:
I have followed this :

Thanks

Out of curiosity I have created a phonegap simple application and this runs ok on the device.

So I'm hoping it is something to do with the Android version / appmethod combination.

Thanks.
Unnamed Unnamed

Posted: Dec 16, 2014 7:24 AM   in response to: Ste War in response to: Ste War
If your apk runs and do not crash on device orientation rotate, then should be fine :)
I really wish to make any tutorial, video about this and other things like android stuff, services, service bindings, native customized alertdialogs, own customized pickers, reduce apk size and many others which I had to make to have FMX application looks and works best as possible, but simply I don't have time. Most time I fix problems related with FMX bugs and report them and of course they are not fixed :/

b.r.
Ste War

Posted: Dec 15, 2014 3:46 AM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
I finally found this after hours of messing around.

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Release_Notes_for_XE6

It's an issue with Android 4.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02