Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unable to install DataDirect ODBC


This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Dec 10, 2014 10:30 AM Last Post By: quinn wildman
Damian Slanovic

Posts: 42
Registered: 3/23/04
Unable to install DataDirect ODBC  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2014 3:55 PM
Hi everybody. I'm trying to install DataDirect ODBC for interbase 2009 on windows server 2008 R2 64 bits.

After installation, I open c:\windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe. I press the button to add a system DSN.
DataDirect is there, so I create a new system DSN. But when I test it, the system could not find c:\windows\system32\ivint21.dll

And there is no such DLL on c:\windows\system32.

How can I succesfully install DataDirect ODBC on such system?

Regards.
Damian.
quinn wildman

Posts: 856
Registered: 12/2/99
Re: Unable to install DataDirect ODBC  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 9, 2014 4:10 PM   in response to: Damian Slanovic in response to: Damian Slanovic
The Data Direct ODBC driver is many years deprecated. I recommend you
install the one we make these days and see how it goes. The Data Direct
driver was made before a 64 bit world existed and it sounds like it
might be confused somehow. On a 64 bit OS, it should be looking for all
it's files in c::\window\syswow64. On a 32 bit OS, it would look for
them in c:\windows\system32.

Damian Slanovic wrote:

Hi everybody. I'm trying to install DataDirect ODBC for interbase 2009 on windows server 2008 R2 64 bits.

After installation, I open c:\windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe. I press the button to add a system DSN.
DataDirect is there, so I create a new system DSN. But when I test it, the system could not find c:\windows\system32\ivint21.dll

And there is no such DLL on c:\windows\system32.

How can I succesfully install DataDirect ODBC on such system?

Regards.
Damian.
Damian Slanovic

Posts: 42
Registered: 3/23/04
Re: Unable to install DataDirect ODBC  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 10, 2014 1:40 AM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
Hi Quinn. I need to install ODBC driver from DataDirect because the ODBC driver from Embarcadero have unresolved issues yeat. As far as I know, I generated two reports, but just one is resolved. Still pending report 116707.

Thats why I need to install DataDirect ODBC driver. Please, help me on this.

Regards.
Damian.

quinn wildman wrote:
The Data Direct ODBC driver is many years deprecated. I recommend you
install the one we make these days and see how it goes. The Data Direct
driver was made before a 64 bit world existed and it sounds like it
might be confused somehow. On a 64 bit OS, it should be looking for all
it's files in c::\window\syswow64. On a 32 bit OS, it would look for
them in c:\windows\system32.

Damian Slanovic wrote:

Hi everybody. I'm trying to install DataDirect ODBC for interbase 2009 on windows server 2008 R2 64 bits.

After installation, I open c:\windows\SysWow64\odbcad32.exe. I press the button to add a system DSN.
DataDirect is there, so I create a new system DSN. But when I test it, the system could not find c:\windows\system32\ivint21.dll

And there is no such DLL on c:\windows\system32.

How can I succesfully install DataDirect ODBC on such system?

Regards.
Damian.
quinn wildman

Posts: 856
Registered: 12/2/99
Re: Unable to install DataDirect ODBC  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 10, 2014 10:30 AM   in response to: Damian Slanovic in response to: Damian Slanovic
The Data Direct driver is de-supported. I cannot help you with it. If
your requirements are such that you need it, you will need to contact
Data Direct and purchase it from them. However, as best as I see, they
don't sell it - so good luck. If our ODBC driver does not meet your
requirements, you might try Easysoft. It appears to me they still sell
it. I've heard they charge a lot, so be prepared.

Damian Slanovic wrote:
Hi Quinn. I need to install ODBC driver from DataDirect because the ODBC driver from Embarcadero have unresolved issues yeat. As far as I know, I generated two reports, but just one is resolved. Still pending report 116707.

Thats why I need to install DataDirect ODBC driver. Please, help me on this.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02