Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement



Permlink Replies: 14 - Last Post: Dec 4, 2014 6:18 AM Last Post By: Fernando Luiz R...
Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 13, 2014 11:54 PM
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
Ronald Klitsche

Posts: 326
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 14, 2014 12:50 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.

It's not possible to download the Service Pack.
The CC website seems to be in development:
https://codecentral.embarcadero.com/

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions' or one of its
dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Ronald
Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 14, 2014 12:56 AM   in response to: Ronald Klitsche in response to: Ronald Klitsche
I just went to the EDN -> Registered User Downlaods and it was there.

ID: 30048, Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7 ISO (includes Update 1)

Martin

Ronald Klitsche wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.

It's not possible to download the Service Pack.
The CC website seems to be in development:
https://codecentral.embarcadero.com/

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web.Extensions' or one of its
dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT:
0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Ronald

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
Ronald Klitsche

Posts: 326
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 14, 2014 1:37 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
I just went to the EDN -> Registered User Downlaods and it was there.

ID: 30048, Delphi XE7 and C++Builder XE7 ISO (includes Update 1)

it's link to http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg
Same error.

Ronald
Borja Serrano

Posts: 172
Registered: 1/10/13
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 14, 2014 9:21 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Try the manual uninstall process before installing the Update:

http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44074

Martin Searancke wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer
Charles Collins

Posts: 8
Registered: 6/16/00
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 15, 2014 2:10 PM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Martin Searancke wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

I just purchased this online directly from Embarcadero. I did not have the previous version, or the trial on my machine. I am getting the EXACT same problem. I opened a ticket and am still waiting.
Borja Serrano

Posts: 172
Registered: 1/10/13
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 17, 2014 11:17 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
I have been working with Charles in a support case and his problem was solved launching the installer from an empty folder. Can you try?

Martin Searancke wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer
Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 17, 2014 8:46 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
I have tried the install (downlaoded ISO) from both a mounted directory and by extracting all of the files to an empty folder.
I get the same result both ways.

Support came back to me today saying that they think I need to do a fresh install - I am very reluctant to do this because of the time it takes to get the dependencies for my app installed.
Also I am travelling at the moment and I cant afford to not be able to build my app.

Martin

Borja Serrano wrote:
I have been working with Charles in a support case and his problem was solved launching the installer from an empty folder. Can you try?

Martin Searancke wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
quinn wildman

Posts: 856
Registered: 12/2/99
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 18, 2014 6:59 PM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
We are still working determining the cause of this error and my sense it
is going to take a while to find. So, while a manual uninstall is
certainly timely, it is almost certainly the most timely way to resolve
this problem. It's your call at how you want to proceed.

Martin Searancke wrote:

I have tried the install (downlaoded ISO) from both a mounted directory and by extracting all of the files to an empty folder.
I get the same result both ways.

Support came back to me today saying that they think I need to do a fresh install - I am very reluctant to do this because of the time it takes to get the dependencies for my app installed.
Also I am travelling at the moment and I cant afford to not be able to build my app.

Martin
Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 18, 2014 7:36 PM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
I am travelling for the next week and as I said I cant afford to take the risk of a re-install.
So for now I will wait until I return home and hope that the problem is found by then.
I would appreciate a reply to this post if the problem is found within the next week.

Martin

quinn wildman wrote:
We are still working determining the cause of this error and my sense it
is going to take a while to find. So, while a manual uninstall is
certainly timely, it is almost certainly the most timely way to resolve
this problem. It's your call at how you want to proceed.

Martin Searancke wrote:

I have tried the install (downlaoded ISO) from both a mounted directory and by extracting all of the files to an empty folder.
I get the same result both ways.

Support came back to me today saying that they think I need to do a fresh install - I am very reluctant to do this because of the time it takes to get the dependencies for my app installed.
Also I am travelling at the moment and I cant afford to not be able to build my app.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 25, 2014 6:46 PM   in response to: quinn wildman in response to: quinn wildman
I tried downloading this update again today in the hope that this problem has been resolved.
Alas, I think Embarcadero is ignoring this problem and hoping that customers like me just go away.

What worries me is that if I completely uninstall and the installer gives me the same error then I am stuck no development environment. And given the <sarcasm>lighting response</sarcasm> from Embarcadero support I would be screwed.

I really need to start a project to move away from Embarcadeo tools as I have completely lost faith. Very encouraging that MS Visual Studio is moving down the cross platform path.

Martin

quinn wildman wrote:
We are still working determining the cause of this error and my sense it
is going to take a while to find. So, while a manual uninstall is
certainly timely, it is almost certainly the most timely way to resolve
this problem. It's your call at how you want to proceed.

Martin Searancke wrote:

I have tried the install (downlaoded ISO) from both a mounted directory and by extracting all of the files to an empty folder.
I get the same result both ways.

Support came back to me today saying that they think I need to do a fresh install - I am very reluctant to do this because of the time it takes to get the dependencies for my app installed.
Also I am travelling at the moment and I cant afford to not be able to build my app.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
Anthony Wakefield

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/13/05
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 27, 2014 8:55 PM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Martin Searancke wrote:
I tried downloading this update again today in the hope that this problem has been resolved.
Alas, I think Embarcadero is ignoring this problem and hoping that customers like me just go away.

What worries me is that if I completely uninstall and the installer gives me the same error then I am stuck no development environment. And given the <sarcasm>lighting response</sarcasm> from Embarcadero support I would be screwed.

I really need to start a project to move away from Embarcadeo tools as I have completely lost faith. Very encouraging that MS Visual Studio is moving down the cross platform path.

Martin

quinn wildman wrote:
We are still working determining the cause of this error and my sense it
is going to take a while to find. So, while a manual uninstall is
certainly timely, it is almost certainly the most timely way to resolve
this problem. It's your call at how you want to proceed.

Martin Searancke wrote:

I have tried the install (downlaoded ISO) from both a mounted directory and by extracting all of the files to an empty folder.
I get the same result both ways.

Support came back to me today saying that they think I need to do a fresh install - I am very reluctant to do this because of the time it takes to get the dependencies for my app installed.
Also I am travelling at the moment and I cant afford to not be able to build my app.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

I had same issue I had followed directions to do a complete uninstall (most annoying method) I then tried to install and got same error I solved by finding my 'Slip file' in allusers/embarcadero had to use date stamp to identify correct one. Now downloading GBytes. There must be a better way to update take ages then re-install other stuff my download speed is slow and takes up a large portion of my download allowance.
Tony Wakefield (echoshack)

Martin Searancke

Posts: 53
Registered: 11/22/02
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 27, 2014 9:01 PM   in response to: Anthony Wakefield in response to: Anthony Wakefield
I feel your pain Tony. I have just finished the big re-install. I took the opportunity to re-install my development PC and clean out 4 version of Delphi (XE3, 5, 6 and 7).

A days lost productivity (Thanks Embarcadero!) and I am back with a working environment. Although I am using the word "working" very loosely as the IDE appears just as unstable as before. But now I have update 1 running so I can at least deploy my IOS app to the app store.

Martin


I had same issue I had followed directions to do a complete uninstall (most annoying method) I then tried to install and got same error I solved by finding my 'Slip file' in allusers/embarcadero had to use date stamp to identify correct one. Now downloading GBytes. There must be a better way to update take ages then re-install other stuff my download speed is slow and takes up a large portion of my download allowance.
Tony Wakefield (echoshack)

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net
Anthony Wakefield

Posts: 4
Registered: 1/13/05
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 28, 2014 2:28 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Martin Searancke wrote:
I feel your pain Tony. I have just finished the big re-install. I took the opportunity to re-install my development PC and clean out 4 version of Delphi (XE3, 5, 6 and 7).

A days lost productivity (Thanks Embarcadero!) and I am back with a working environment. Although I am using the word "working" very loosely as the IDE appears just as unstable as before. But now I have update 1 running so I can at least deploy my IOS app to the app store.

Martin


I had same issue I had followed directions to do a complete uninstall (most annoying method) I then tried to install and got same error I solved by finding my 'Slip file' in allusers/embarcadero had to use date stamp to identify correct one. Now downloading GBytes. There must be a better way to update take ages then re-install other stuff my download speed is slow and takes up a large portion of my download allowance.
Tony Wakefield (echoshack)

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

Hi martin I started the install/download at 3:30pm it's now 8:50pm and only at 86% the download finished at 7:16pm this is not good enough. I am retired but if I was at work it would have cost me a days lost work lets say $50/hr thats $300-400 ok could have downloaded the ISO and not uninstalled until end of day. Then there are some other updates to add. I did not uninstall the help files. Just finished as I was typing 8:57PM.

Success it even compiled my big application picking up all my components and JVC/L components. I uninstall leaving registry settings intact. No to add the other updates if required.

Spoke to soon the help system does not work any more reports file "cannot find file %s." So try to send report that fails as well with "database file appears corrupt () wrong page type page 79 is of wrong type (expected 4, found 6)" I have had enough going for a cold beer!

I am using Win7 here x64 just glad it was not on my win8.1 laptop have enough issues with MS latest updates not installing.

Tony
Fernando Luiz R...

Posts: 2
Registered: 10/27/99
Re: XE7 Update 1 fails after License Agreement
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Dec 4, 2014 6:18 AM   in response to: Martin Searancke in response to: Martin Searancke
Martin Searancke wrote:
Has anyone else had problems with the XE7 update 1 just released.
For me the install fails after the License Agreement page with an error "Invalid Serial Number". This error keeps reappearing on pressing OK until I force the installer closed with the task manager.

Martin

--
Martin Searancke
Dream Solutions
http://www.lightfactory.net

Works properly when following these procedures:
http://support.embarcadero.com/article/44074

Cheers,

-- Fernando.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02