Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Access Violation Relevant to Length of Both Application Path and Parameter

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 25, 2014 3:19 PM Last Post By: Lawrence Wu
Lawrence Wu

Access Violation Relevant to Length of Both Application Path and Parameter  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 21, 2014 5:42 PM
We experienced application crash when we are trying to upgrade our Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE6 Update 1 under Windows 7 (32 bits). After main form created, application will be crashed by statement: application.processmessage. The command line is in format: "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We have tried some method to solve it and found it will work when we formatted command in form "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store1.ini" or "c:\abcde\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We figured out that when the path of application add 1 character, the arguments of /ini can cut 2 characters and vice versa.

As traced the program, here are some methods to workaround:

1. Use longer folder to allow the parameter being shorter, but this method may not work after rebuild the menu tree 2 or 3 times later.

2. Skip a process of building our application menu tree (a TTreeView class), it will work properly at beginning, but after rebuild the tree 2 or 3 times, it will crash again. The interesting thing is if I call the process without any code in it, it also will crash.

3. With menu tree building process, if I close the TQuery after navigation, it works, but it doesn't when I leave the dataset opening. The trace result shows the opening dataset cannot be closed or be notified.
Markus Humm

Re: Access Violation Relevant to Length of Both Application Path and Parameter  
  Posted: Nov 24, 2014 2:05 PM   in response to: Lawrence Wu in response to: Lawrence Wu
Am 22.11.2014 02:42, schrieb Lawrence Wu:
We experienced application crash when we are trying to upgrade our Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE6 Update 1 under Windows 7 (32 bits). After main form created, application will be crashed by statement: application.processmessage. The command line is in format: "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We have tried some method to solve it and found it will work when we formatted command in form "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store1.ini" or "c:\abcde\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We figured out that when the path of application add 1 charact
er, the arguments of /ini can cut 2 characters and vice versa.

1. Use longer folder to allow the parameter being shorter, but this method may not work after rebuild the menu tree 2 or 3 times later.

2. Skip a process of building our application menu tree (a TTreeView class), it will work properly at beginning, but after rebuild the tree 2 or 3 times, it will crash again. The interesting thing is if I call the process without any code in it, it also will crash.

3. With menu tree building process, if I close the TQuery after navigation, it works, but it doesn't when I leave the dataset opening. The trace result shows the opening dataset cannot be closed or be notified.

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you, but this newsgroup is not about reporting bugs
themselves. It's about the bugreporting website/client and any problems
with it or for cases where you think a bug report entered into the
system has not been treated the right way.

I'm convinced that you should post your issue in the
embarcadero.public.delphi.vcl.components.using newsgroup.
You'll get way better help over there.

Greetings

Markus
Lawrence Wu

Re: Access Violation Relevant to Length of Both Application Path and Parameter  
  Posted: Nov 25, 2014 3:19 PM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Markus Humm wrote:
Am 22.11.2014 02:42, schrieb Lawrence Wu:
We experienced application crash when we are trying to upgrade our Delphi 2006 to Delphi XE6 Update 1 under Windows 7 (32 bits). After main form created, application will be crashed by statement: application.processmessage. The command line is in format: "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We have tried some method to solve it and found it will work when we formatted command in form "c:\abc\a.exe /ini=store1.ini" or "c:\abcde\a.exe /ini=store.ini". We figured out that when the path of application add 1 charact
er, the arguments of /ini can cut 2 characters and vice versa.

Hello,

I'm sorry to tell you, but this newsgroup is not about reporting bugs
themselves. It's about the bugreporting website/client and any problems
with it or for cases where you think a bug report entered into the
system has not been treated the right way.

I'm convinced that you should post your issue in the
embarcadero.public.delphi.vcl.components.using newsgroup.
You'll get way better help over there.

Greetings

Markus

Thanks for your help, Markus.

Anyways, I've figured out the problem which is caused by memory leak.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02