Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Bug in FireDAC's parser(s)

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 17, 2014 1:30 AM Last Post By: Frank Staal
Frank Staal

Bug in FireDAC's parser(s)
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 14, 2014 12:42 AM
I am using an Advantage Database in Delphi XE3. When I connect to a database that has an apostrophe in the path FireDAC goes belly-up.

Example: The Database is located at k:\Databases\Al's Shoe Emporium. (Yep Al Bundy finally began his own store). Connection.Connected := True will connect, no problem. When I run the line ATable.Active := True it will die with a parser error because of the apostrophe after Al. So... someone has to add an apostrophe somewhere.

Ok, let's try a different way. Now we will connect to K:\Databases\Al''s Shoe Emporium. Connection.Connected := True explodes because of the one too many apostrophes.

Final result: FireDAC hates apostrophes!

I removed the apostrophe because I have to go further, but I regard this as a bug.
Dmitry Arefiev

Re: Bug in FireDAC's parser(s)
  Posted: Nov 16, 2014 9:09 AM   in response to: Frank Staal in response to: Frank Staal
Thank you for reporting that, fixed. If required I can post the fix.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
Frank Staal

Re: Bug in FireDAC's parser(s)
  Posted: Nov 17, 2014 1:30 AM   in response to: Dmitry Arefiev in response to: Dmitry Arefiev
Dmitry Arefiev wrote:
Thank you for reporting that, fixed. If required I can post the fix.

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect

First of all sorry.... It was in XE6. I am migrating from XE3 to XE6, so I confuzzled the versions I was working in (Oops).

I don't think I need the fix, as the final database will be put in an "apostrophe-free" directory anyway. I just had it named to Frank's Test Database so everyone knows to keep their hands off of it. As I said in the previous post I have already removed the apostrophe from the name so I could work on, so there is no immediate need for a fix. By the time we are ready to leave XE3 behind XE8 will most probably be in the store so we can move on to that and have the bug fixed just in case we do have directories with apostrophes.

Thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02