Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Uninstalling Boost

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Mar 11, 2015 9:48 AM Last Post By: Michael Georgi
Paul Jones

Uninstalling Boost  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 9, 2014 5:05 PM
Morning all,

I've recently taken the plunge in to XE7 C++Builder and have run into some problems with removing the Embarcadero supplied versions of Boost.

I am in the process of porting an existing project from RAD Studio 2007 to XE7. We had already comitted to using Boost 1.54, and need to continue to do so as the particular feature we are using (UUIDs) is not support in 1.39.

I have followed the uninstall procedure described in the documentation here, http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Boost_Libraries. It did remove the libraries, but, as the IDE seems to be not adapting to the uninstall, I am now left with a constant warning [bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\15.0\include\boost_1_39\boost\tr1\tr1' not found - path ignored in option '-I'

I tried deleting the environment variable CG_BOOST_ROOT, but this did not trigger the removal of the include path for boost. I now have the warning [bcc32 Warning] W8123 Path '\boost\tr1\tr1' not found - path ignored in option '-I'.

Are there any other steps required to complete the removal of the Embarcadero supplied Boost, or is this a fault in the IDE?

TIA
Paul
Borja Serrano

Re: Uninstalling Boost
Correct
  Posted: Nov 10, 2014 8:02 AM   in response to: Paul Jones in response to: Paul Jones
Hello Paul,

First of all, congratulations if you have been able to compile Boost 1.54 with bcc32. It has had to be a hard job...

That said, do you also have this message in a brand new project? Do you have these paths in "Tools->Options->C++ Options->Paths and Directories->System Include Path"? Is there any refernce in your .cbproj file?

You can also check the file:

C:\Users\BorjaS\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\BDS\15.0\EnvOptions.proj

Which is used in the call to msbuild. It should take the options from "Tools->Options".

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer

Paul Jones

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 3:07 PM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Hi Borja,

thanks for that. The answer was indeed in "Tools->Options". I tried editing EnvOptions.proj at first but it is overwritten by the settings from "Tools->Options" each time a build is done.

Quite obvious in the end; just a shame that it couldn't be done automatically when Boost is uninstalled.

Thanks,
Paul

PS. After wasting two days getting nowhere I ducked-out of compiling Boost; fortunately UUID is a header-only module (!! :-))

Borja Serrano wrote:
Hello Paul,

First of all, congratulations if you have been able to compile Boost 1.54 with bcc32. It has had to be a hard job...

That said, do you also have this message in a brand new project? Do you have these paths in "Tools->Options->C++ Options->Paths and Directories->System Include Path"? Is there any refernce in your .cbproj file?

You can also check the file:

C:\Users\BorjaS\AppData\Roaming\Embarcadero\BDS\15.0\EnvOptions.proj

Which is used in the call to msbuild. It should take the options from "Tools->Options".

--
Borja Serrano
Embarcadero Technical Support Engineer

Edited by: Paul Jones on Nov 10, 2014 3:14 PM
Borja Serrano

Helpful
  Posted: Nov 12, 2014 4:58 AM   in response to: Paul Jones in response to: Paul Jones
I have just reproduced the issue, so I will create a bug report. It's trivial, but it should be automatically removed.
Michael Georgi

Posted: Mar 11, 2015 9:48 AM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
I have just reproduced the issue, so I will create a bug report. It's trivial, but it should be automatically removed.

I agree, I was searching 1 hour before I found this thread / solution for the (in my case) 1040 "extra" warnings.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02