Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Nov 10, 2014 3:24 PM Last Post By: Stev Warby
giovanni di pie...

no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 17, 2014 7:37 AM
Hi all
I try to develop an ios application in XE7 that receive remote push notification,
in "Debug" configuration all work fine, i obtain correctly the device token and my application receive the push. When i try to run my application compiled in "Ad-Hoc" or "Application Store" configuration, with the correct provisioning i receive always this error {NSLocalizedDescription=no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application}.

I try the same provisioning profiles and certificates with a test application developed in XCode and all work fine.

can someone help me? Thanks.
John Frazier

Re: no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application  
  Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:53 AM   in response to: giovanni di pie... in response to: giovanni di pie...
giovanni di pietrantonio wrote:
When i try to run my application compiled in "Ad-Hoc" or "Application Store" configuration, with the correct provisioning i receive always this error {NSLocalizedDescription=no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application}.

Let's make sure you are aware of the correct usage of product and we are using correct terminology. With debug mode (using Apple developer cert) you can deploy and run to device. You do not "run" with or without debugging an app targeted for AdHoc or AppStore on a device directly**. It is supposed to be a 2 stage affair. You build, then "Project | Deployment | Deploy" to build the IPA... then for AdHoc you use iTunes to install/run your IPA on device, and AppStore you use Xcode/Application Loader/iTunesConnect to upload your app to the AppStore.

**Yes in XE6 we would install AdHoc IPA on device directly but we do not as of XE7.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
giovanni di pie...

Posted: Oct 20, 2014 2:18 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Thanks for the reply
the problem is not install and run the application on the device, i deploy and install correctly the application on my device with ITunes. I receive this error when the application with Tkinvey and TPushEvents components try to register the device to receive the device token

regards

John Frazier wrote:
When i try to run my application compiled in "Ad-Hoc" or "Application Store" configuration, with the correct provisioning i receive always this error {NSLocalizedDescription=no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application}.

Let's make sure you are aware of the correct usage of product and we are using correct terminology. With debug mode (using Apple developer cert) you can deploy and run to device. You do not "run" with or without debugging an app targeted for AdHoc or AppStore on a device directly**. It is supposed to be a 2 stage affair. You build, then "Project | Deployment | Deploy" to build the IPA... then for AdHoc you use iTunes to install/run your IPA on device, and AppStore you use Xcode/Application Loader/iTunesConnect to upload your app to the AppStore.

**Yes in XE6 we would install AdHoc IPA on device directly but we do not as of XE7.
--
Stev Warby

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 1:12 AM   in response to: giovanni di pie... in response to: giovanni di pie...
Thanks for the reply
the problem is not install and run the application on the device, i deploy and install correctly the application on my device with ITunes. I receive this error when the application with Tkinvey and TPushEvents components try to register the device to receive the device token

regards

John Frazier wrote:

--

Anyone got this working on IOS.

I have it working okay on Android.
Using the same app I did:

On IOS I had to add lib lib crypto.a & libssl.a to the project folder.
I have created and imported the P12 cert into Kinvey.
Deleted the GCMAppID
I added the IOS AppKey - appSecret & Master Secret provided by Kinvey.

I get the error:

NSLocalizedDescription=no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application

Cheers

SteveW
Stev Warby

Posted: Nov 10, 2014 3:24 PM   in response to: Stev Warby in response to: Stev Warby
Anyone out there ?

Am I in the right forum ?

Stev Warby wrote:
Thanks for the reply

regards

John Frazier wrote:

--

Anyone got this working on IOS.

I have it working okay on Android.
Using the same app I did:

On IOS I had to add lib lib crypto.a & libssl.a to the project folder.
I have created and imported the P12 cert into Kinvey.
Deleted the GCMAppID
I added the IOS AppKey - appSecret & Master Secret provided by Kinvey.

I get the error:

NSLocalizedDescription=no valid 'aps-environment' entitlement string found for application

Cheers

SteveW
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02