Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unable to open include files in the type.h file for OSX compile (XE5)

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 4, 2014 10:56 AM Last Post By: Grant Beattie
Kenneth Czepelka

Unable to open include files in the type.h file for OSX compile (XE5)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 25, 2014 8:36 PM
I had sucessfully compiles a small Mac test app a month ago, and now that I try and run the same app I get "unable to open include files" that are listed in the type.h file.

For fun I opened up one of the sample progams (planets) and tried compiling for OSX and get exactly the same errors. The files are on the Mac machine and I have a good connection on the connection profile test. Compiling for Windows 32 works on my app and samples.

I did an update local file cash in the sdk option with no luck.

I don't think I changed anything since I successfully ran the app last so not sure where to even start on this one.

thanks
Kenneth Czepelka

Re: Unable to open include files in the type.h file for OSX compile (XE5)  
  Posted: Oct 26, 2014 11:07 AM   in response to: Kenneth Czepelka in response to: Kenneth Czepelka
Problem solved.

For some reason the stock SDK that loads when you do an Add.. and select OSX and SDK version 10.9.5 (mavericks) is missing 2 includes that need to be added to get the Planets sample and the code I'm working on to run. These are:

(root)/usr/include/sys/_types (* filemask and No subdirectories)
(root)/usr/include/_types (* filemask and No subdirectories)

With these added everything goes smoothly.

What I don't understand is why I was able to compile my program a month ago with no problem and I never added these before. I did upgrade to Mavericks but I'm pretty positive I had a successful compile after that without adding the above items so I'm a bit confused.
Grant Beattie

Re: Unable to open include files in the type.h file for OSX compile (XE5)  
  Posted: Nov 4, 2014 10:56 AM   in response to: Kenneth Czepelka in response to: Kenneth Czepelka
Yeah that is curious. I found some SDKs loaded OK, others had this issue where I had to add a few items manually (mostly on XE7). Not sure why.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02