Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FireDac, table not found (wrong table owner)

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 29, 2014 3:11 AM Last Post By: Benjamin Martini
Benjamin Martini

FireDac, table not found (wrong table owner)  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 29, 2014 1:15 AM
Hello,

I am testing an small project with Delphi XE7 and Firedac. My DB system is SQL Anywhere Version 11. I created the DB connection like this:

FDConnection1 (with Login Dialog) -> FDQuery1 (SQL: select Titel from DOC where docid = '000000000' -> Datasource1 -> DBEdit1 (for editing Column 'Titel')

Connection to DB, selecting, etc. works perfect. But when i try to edit and post the new value, FireDac says 'Table DOC not found'...
The Table 'DOC' has the (default) owner named 'olympia'. When i analyze the update statement with FDMonitor i can see that the update sql statement ist like 'update bmartini.DOC set ...'
bmartini is my DB Username. If i change the select statement in the FDQuery to 'select * from olympia.DOC where ...' the update of the fields work.

In Delphi XE2 with AnyDac it works flawlessly without owner in the select statement.

Is there an option or fix for FireDac i can try?

Thanks in advance,
Benjamin Martini

Edited by: Benjamin Martini on Oct 29, 2014 1:15 AM
Dmitry Arefiev

Re: FireDac, table not found (wrong table owner)  
  Posted: Oct 29, 2014 2:00 AM   in response to: Benjamin Martini in response to: Benjamin Martini
Try to specify MetaDefCatalog=* or MetaCurCatalog=* connection definition parameters:
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE7/en/Common_Connection_Parameters_(FireDAC)

--
With best regards,
Dmitry Arefiev / FireDAC Architect
Benjamin Martini

Re: FireDac, table not found (wrong table owner)  
  Posted: Oct 29, 2014 3:11 AM   in response to: Dmitry Arefiev in response to: Dmitry Arefiev
Thanks a lot fot the hint!

Defining MetaCurSchema=* in the connection does the trick!

Cheers,
Benjamin Martini
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02