Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Migrate previous configurations to a new RAD studio version, a simple way?

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 7:31 AM Last Post By: Borja Serrano
Jean-Milost Rey...

Migrate previous configurations to a new RAD studio version, a simple way?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 24, 2014 5:06 AM
Hello,

I recently updated my previous RAD studio XE4 to the more recent XE6 version. My RAD studio XE4 was configured using many custom options, especially about editor colors and tool positions. When I tried to recover this configuration, I was surprised that no tool was available to do that. It seems that each new version of RAD studio must be configured manually, that is a heavy and boring task.

So, it there a way, or an existing tool, to migrate the configuration from a previous to a new version of RAD studio? Otherwise, where can I suggest the creation of a such tool?

Regards

Edited by: Jean-Milost Reymond on Oct 24, 2014 5:07 AM

Edited by: Jean-Milost Reymond on Oct 24, 2014 5:08 AM

Edited by: Jean-Milost Reymond on Oct 24, 2014 5:10 AM
Borja Serrano

Re: Migrate previous configurations to a new RAD studio version, a simple way?
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 24, 2014 7:31 AM   in response to: Jean-Milost Rey... in response to: Jean-Milost Rey...
I am not aware of any tool for this proposal.

You can suggest any enhancement or report any bug using the Quality Portal: http://quality.embarcadero.com

If you are suggesting an enhancement just report a bug and include [Feature Request] in the summary. Let us know the report ID so that we can vote for it.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02