Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: DLL won't load - Invalid access to memory location

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Oct 16, 2014 1:14 PM Last Post By: Sean Hoffman
Dean Clark

DLL won't load - Invalid access to memory location  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 16, 2014 12:51 PM
One of our DLLs is now failing to load; LoadLibrary returns null and the Windows error is Invalid access to memory location. I've searched through previous versions and there are no recent changes, and in fact the DLL compiles and loads fine on a different developer's workstation. This is using C++Builder 2009.

Is there something specifically to look for that could cause this? Is there something in Dependency Walker to look for? I recently installed XE7, could that have changed something that CB2009 uses?

Thanks.
Sean Hoffman

Re: DLL won't load - Invalid access to memory location  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 16, 2014 1:14 PM   in response to: Dean Clark in response to: Dean Clark
Dean Clark wrote:
One of our DLLs is now failing to load; LoadLibrary returns null and the Windows error is Invalid access to memory location. I've searched through previous versions and there are no recent changes, and in fact the DLL compiles and loads fine on a different developer's workstation. This is using C++Builder 2009.

Is there something specifically to look for that could cause this? Is there something in Dependency Walker to look for? I recently installed XE7, could that have changed something that CB2009 uses?

Thanks.

I would add some debug logging to DllMain to see how far it's getting.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02