Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Android built in barcode solution XE7 with jar files?

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Oct 14, 2014 10:34 PM Last Post By: László Mlnvszky
László Mlnvszky

Android built in barcode solution XE7 with jar files?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 14, 2014 10:32 AM
I wonder if anybody could successfully implement a working barcode solution on Android using the new XE7 java import methods?
Without the need to install external apps like Barcode reader and calling it with Android intent.
Maybe using Zbar or Zxing? They have java and jar files available, but I am not familiar withis new method of importing the jar and classes.dex...

Did anybody try it, yet? Or similar .jar import which has a return call with a jstring?
Tristan Marlow

Re: Android built in barcode solution XE7 with jar files?  
  Posted: Oct 14, 2014 7:13 PM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
http://www.winsoft.sk/fobr.htm

This works well. Although see one firemonkey issue I have stumbled
across with the Camera in post "Firemonkey TCameraComponent
ContinuousAutoFocus"

On 15/10/2014 1:32 AM, László Malinovszky wrote:

I wonder if anybody could successfully implement a working barcode solution on Android using the new XE7 java import methods?
Without the need to install external apps like Barcode reader and calling it with Android intent.
Maybe using Zbar or Zxing? They have java and jar files available, but I am not familiar withis new method of importing the jar and classes.dex...

Did anybody try it, yet? Or similar .jar import which has a return call with a jstring?
László Mlnvszky

Re: Android built in barcode solution XE7 with jar files?  
  Posted: Oct 14, 2014 10:34 PM   in response to: Tristan Marlow in response to: Tristan Marlow
Unfortunately I got poor performance with the TCameraComponent, that doesn't seem like a working solution, it's too slow for scanning lot of products.
Calling the android intent for ZXing is much faster. But, as I mentioned, you need to install the app.

Tristan Marlow wrote:
http://www.winsoft.sk/fobr.htm

This works well. Although see one firemonkey issue I have stumbled
across with the Camera in post "Firemonkey TCameraComponent
ContinuousAutoFocus"

On 15/10/2014 1:32 AM, László Malinovszky wrote:

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02