Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Msports.h header file for Windows com port database

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Nov 7, 2014 1:23 PM Last Post By: Boba ½° Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Keith Dopson

Msports.h header file for Windows com port database
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 5, 2014 9:15 PM
Using XE4, and desiring to work with serial com port database, such as ComDBOpen, ComDBClose, and ComDBGetCurrentPortUsage, I include:

#include <Msports.h>

and obtain an error code for missing header file.

Do any of you know where I would locate the windows header file to use the com port database and the Msports.dll?

Alternatively, is there some VCL wrapper for the com port database, for Windows 7, and 32- or 64-bit?

Thanks in advance.
Boba ½°

Re: Msports.h header file for Windows com port database
  Posted: Oct 13, 2014 2:45 PM   in response to: Keith Dopson in response to: Keith Dopson
"Keith Dopson" wrote in message news:695214 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...
... where I would locate the windows header file

it's a part of DDK/WDK

to use the com port database and the Msports.dll?

it's in \System32\

... is there some VCL wrapper for the com port database

nope. are you sure you want to use BCB for that?
Keith Dopson

Posted: Nov 5, 2014 1:01 PM   in response to: Boba ½° in response to: Boba ½°

nope. are you sure you want to use BCB for that?

Well, my understanding of the raison d'etre for these products was to allow cross-platform development.

As it stands,XE? appears to be pretty good for Win, occasionally tablet apps.. on a good day.

I was hoping to get away from Visual Studio, in it's many, many hosed up releases, and the dog-slow Eclipse for the droid and other embedded apps.

Maybe someday XE999 Supreme Commander Primo Architect Enterprise Master's Edition will support embedded for TI processors, Silabs C8051xxxx, droid anyversion, IOS any pile, FireFlyingMonkeys, along with all the Win CE embedded toys, pocketPC pals, and all else... including Win8 and backwards compatibles, to XP, maybe.. and provide access to the port database to allow CSharp, QT, and Unix, all in one big ole' steamin' pile.

Yes, the idea was to access the port database using BCB, and I should be able to do so.
Boba ½°

Posted: Nov 7, 2014 1:23 PM   in response to: Keith Dopson in response to: Keith Dopson
"Keith Dopson" wrote in message news:700877 at forums dot embarcadero dot com...

... As it stands,XE? ...

and RAD? - Really slow, mucho buggy And very expensive Dev.set :)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02