Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Is there anybody submit app to apple successful?

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 130 - Last Post: Nov 8, 2014 10:41 AM Last Post By: Chris Dunn
Jinsong Chen

Is there anybody submit app to apple successful?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 27, 2014 5:56 AM
In these days, I can not submit any application to apple store (new application or new version of old application). I always meet following message:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode..."

I upgraded the xCode to 6.0.1 and add iOS8 sdk to the XE5 compiler.

How to solve it?

I noticed that people from the Adobe air development group also meet this problem, Is Apple reject binary not compiled by the xCode?
Eli M

Re: Is there anybody submit app to apple successful?  
  Posted: Sep 27, 2014 6:16 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
I don't really have a solution. However, Delphi apps are actually compiled by Xcode. Are you compiling with IOS 8 SDK or the IOS 7.1 SDK? I'm still using the IOS 7.1 SDK and it works. I even submitted an IOS 7.1 compiled app to Apple after the IOS8 release and they haven't rejected it yet.

My XE7 app works on IOS with these values in the Info.plist file (which are the default values):

<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>7.1</string>

<key>MinimumOSVersion</key>
<string>6.0</string>

https://pjstrnad.com/submitting-application-apple-store-delphi/

Others have the same issue:
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=108673&tstart=0
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 11:50 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
note that elim managed to get his app submitted prior to the change by apple that is now causing the new error segment alignment
which looks like there will need to be an update for Delphi to fix
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 27, 2014 12:55 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
there seems to have also been a new requirement by apple where you have to increase the minimum iOs version in the info.plist?
or maybe that error is because I dont have that SDK installed (6.0)?
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 2:33 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:
In these days, I can not submit any application to apple store (new application or new version of old application). I always meet following message:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid Segment Alignment. This app does not have proper segment alignment and should be rebuilt with the latest version of Xcode..."

How to solve it?

I noticed that people from the Adobe air development group also meet this problem, Is Apple reject binary not compiled by the xCode?

I think it must need emb to fix it, or we should give up Delphi XE? ????

I update the delphi from XE5 to XE7, use xCode 6.0.1 and iOS SDK8 to compile the new version of my app(old version is ready for sale on the apple store that compiled by XE5), I meet:

First time to submit via application loader, except the Segment Alignment error, got another error described: "Invalid Bundle, The bundle xxxx.app does not support the minimum OS version specified in the info.plist.

I change the minimum OS version from 6.0 to 7.0 and rebuild it and submit the ipa file, still got the "Invalid Segment Alignment...." error message. but the version error information fixed.

How long time that EMB can fix this problem? or we must wait for XE8?
CM&V Hackbart S...

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 3:14 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
How long time that EMB can fix this problem? or we must wait for XE8?

It seem to be that apple updated their linker (maybe caused by the swift language they provide with XCode 6). I suppose Embarcadero has to update their linker (ld.exe) in order to get the builds running, too.

Concerning your issue about the Codeversion in the plist a
<key>DTPlatformBuild</key>
<string>12A365</string>
<key>DTXcodeBuild</key>
<string>6A317</string>

should run fine.

Christian
PS: I can understand your anger, i somehow feel similar. Especially since i'm also in urge to update an application which i can not do at the moment.

Edited by: CM&V Hackbart Softwareentwickler on Sep 28, 2014 3:14 AM
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 11:20 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen

huh?
its only been a few days that breaking change by apple occured (affects other compilers too), and just before the weekend too
hopefully a hot fix comes out soon :)

Dick Lenghty

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 12:03 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:

its only been a few days that breaking change by apple occured (affects other compilers too), and just before the weekend too

Yes, but for which versions?
Dalija Prasnikar

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 12:07 PM   in response to: Dick Lenghty in response to: Dick Lenghty
Dick Lenghty wrote:
Brian Hamilton wrote:

Yes, but for which versions?

Do you really need to ask that ;-)

XE7, of course.

--
Dalija Prasnikar
Dick Lenghty

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 12:11 PM   in response to: Dalija Prasnikar in response to: Dalija Prasnikar
Dalija Prasnikar wrote:

Do you really need to ask that ;-)

XE7, of course.

So XE6 and lower will become useless for iOS development?
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 1:45 PM   in response to: Dick Lenghty in response to: Dick Lenghty

they will become obsolete for iOS eventually anyway as apples keeps moving forward and making changes etc
XE7 is a good upgrade anyway :)
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 1:47 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:

they will become obsolete for iOS eventually anyway as apples keeps moving forward and making changes etc
XE7 is a good upgrade anyway :)

XE7 may be good for iOS, but it broke my Android version. See my post in the Platform Specific/Android forum. For all I know the same problem may exist in IOS 8 with the SwitftKey Keyboard.
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 11:17 PM   in response to: Brian Hamilton ... in response to: Brian Hamilton ...
Brian Hamilton wrote:

huh?

So, just waiting for the hot fix...
waiting for the weekend...

Thx.
Eli M

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 9:54 PM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Our XE7 enterprise app was just approved on the App Store.
CM&V Hackbart S...

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 10:56 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
But you uploaded it before 22nd i suppose. The issue is that the application loader rejects all binaries which are not linked with their latest linker.

Christian
PS: Mine got also accepted, but i have to upload an update in order to get iads working again.
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Sep 28, 2014 11:12 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
Our XE7 enterprise app was just approved on the App Store.

Congratulations!

It depends on the time you submitting your binary, just like me, I have seven apps need to upgrade to 1.4.0, all compiled by XE5 and ios7 sdk with xCode 5.1. Because some accidents, we submit 6 apps' new version at same time but left 1 submitted later about 2 days. So, 6 apps reviewed by apple first and rejected by the meta data error, then, we change the meta data and re-submit for review( as apple says, just need change the meta data is OK), we meet the " Invalid Segment alignment..." for those 6 apps. At same time, we changed the meta data of the left one that haven't reviewed by the apple, 2 days later, the left one approved by the apple!
Mike Margerum

Posted: Sep 29, 2014 4:14 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
all compiled by XE5 and ios7 sdk with xCode 5.1.

I think you are going to be mighty disappointed when EMB only fixes this
in XE7. I think it's irresponsible of EMB to sell the mobile offering
outside of a subscription.
John Frazier

Posted: Sep 30, 2014 10:09 PM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:

How to solve it?

So I have some good news. I just got home late because I was in the office trying to reproduce this. I have now got an official reproducible case and R&D is looking into what it will take to fix. Guess who just realized he indirectly volunteered to test a fix as well? :)

Before anybody gets too excited and spinning out of control about what versions get the fix, please refrain from posting negativity until you know the facts. Not mentioning anybody specific here, just generally speaking. I can guarantee this gets fixed for XE7 as soon as we can FIRST. I will make a recommendation to fix for XE6 but I can guarantee nothing so let's chill for a few and see what happens. Sound reasonable?
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 12:58 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
looking forward to the fix
as I was just about to get my app uploaded when this happend :)
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 6:20 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

How to solve it?

So I have some good news. I just got home late because I was in the office trying to reproduce this. I have now got an official reproducible case and R&D is looking into what it will take to fix. Guess who just realized he indirectly volunteered to test a fix as well? :)

Before anybody gets too excited and spinning out of control about what versions get the fix, please refrain from posting negativity until you know the facts. Not mentioning anybody specific here, just generally speaking. I can guarantee this gets fixed for XE7 as soon as we can FIRST. I will make a recommendation to fix for XE6 but I can guarantee nothing so let's chill for a few and see what happens. Sound reasonable?
--

Thanks! Waiting for the Hotfix!
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 1:36 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Hi,

Does this really need a hotfix, or can we just put a different DTXcodeBuild number in the plist file?

Gary
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 2:09 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:
Hi,

Does this really need a hotfix, or can we just put a different DTXcodeBuild number in the plist file?

No idea. Try it and let us know.
--
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 2:14 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Gary Wardell wrote:
Hi,

--

Which numbers?

I put the numbers that are listed above in this thread in and it didn't help.

Gary
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 2:18 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
I'm beginning to think that maybe Delphi should output xcode and let the xcode compiler and linker do the building.

Gary
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Oct 1, 2014 7:24 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Gary Wardell wrote:
Hi,

--

Change these numbers in the plist file is no help. I do it many times.
Hope it can fix ASAP, I am waiting....

CM&V Hackbart S...

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 12:10 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen

Well the reason is the new linker from apple. The problem seem to be that they updated it and the old one does no longer work with the app store. The bigger problem is that you cannot grab the source from here:
http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/ld64/ld64-236.3/src/ld/ and compile it, since the latest build is not available. I'm not sure how emba will solve this issue. If i would be in their position i would create a linker which uses the osx version in this case. This would solve future issues with newer linker.

Christian
Thomas Schulz

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 9:56 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen

I need a fix as well as I am also using an old Delphi version for iOS

anyone have any creative ideas? Maybe moving some files manually?
Thomas Schulz

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 3:52 PM   in response to: Thomas Schulz in response to: Thomas Schulz
Thomas Schulz wrote:

I need a fix as well as I am also using an old Delphi version for iOS

anyone have any creative ideas? Maybe moving some files manually?

Can we replace the linker like Adobe users can (it seems) ?
https://forums.adobe.com/message/6763023#6763023
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 12:05 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
I wonder if Apple planned it this way to stop people from using third party development tools.
Zivota Milic

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 12:56 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:
I wonder if Apple planned it this way to stop people from using third party development tools.

I'm waiting anxiously for a solution to the problem.. I'm very frustated.
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 1:04 PM   in response to: Zivota Milic in response to: Zivota Milic
Zivota Milic wrote:
Gary Wardell wrote:

I'm waiting anxiously for a solution to the problem.. I'm very frustated.

I think we are all very frustrated.

I have a major update that implemented new features hung. My Android people have it but not the iOS. I feel a unhappy client will follow.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 1:46 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:

As much as I would be the first guy in line to help with a good conspiracy theory yarn... It's not the case here. Apple decides they no longer want to support all of their old stuff at some point because it costs them a lot of $ and they have the numbers that very small number of their developers are using the old OS/toolchains. They have to pull the bandaid off eventually and they just don't notify people like 3rd party developers well. Mainly because they don't care about anybody other than Xcode users.

Windows users lag behind on upgrading pretty much everything. OTOH, Mac users get cheap/free OS/tool upgrades and I have seen the numbers and it is astounding the high percentage of users that upgrade to the latest "whatever" immediately. To Apple, the Xcode 5.0 compiler is already ancient history. Their new requirement is 5.11 or later.
--
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 3:06 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Mainly because they don't care about anybody other than Xcode users.

That goes back to my post about Delphi emitting XCode source. Then we woudl also be XCode users.

And it's not such a crazy idea. As I recall there was at least one version of Pascal that emitted C+ code.
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 7:08 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Windows users lag behind ...

Yes, and those of use the wait for the 1st or 2nd service pack aren't on the bleeding edge of too soon released software.

... high percentage of users that upgrade to the latest "whatever" immediately. ...

Yes, and Apple nags them into upgrading with alerts and badges. And look what happened with iOS 8 and 8.01 and now 8.02. And I'm still getting users that say their push notifications aren't working correctly.
Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 8:40 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Windows users lag behind on upgrading pretty much everything. OTOH, Mac users get cheap/free OS/tool upgrades and I have seen the numbers and it is astounding the high percentage of users that upgrade to the latest "whatever" immediately. To Apple, the Xcode 5.0 compiler is already ancient history. Their new requirement is 5.11 or later.

They sort of force you to upgrade by only allowing you to sign store
apps with the latest XCode. usually in 2-3 months after a major release
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 9:11 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum

They sort of force you to upgrade by only allowing you to sign store
apps with the latest XCode. usually in 2-3 months after a major release

Oh, so for a couple of months I can still use XE6???

That would explain the response I received this morning from my support ticket.
Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 10:55 AM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Oh, so for a couple of months I can still use XE6???

That would explain the response I received this morning from my support ticket.
Bingo.
Angus MacRuder

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 4:15 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

How to solve it?

So I have some good news. I just got home late because I was in the office trying to reproduce this.

FUNNY! Dozens of people have reported this and EMBT won't start working on this until there is an official test case! And you are the newsgroup admin, right? I am glad you are on board.

Before anybody gets too excited and spinning out of control about what versions get the fix, please refrain from posting negativity until you know the facts.

WHY? It is my damn right to post whatever I foresee.
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 7:00 PM   in response to: Angus MacRuder in response to: Angus MacRuder
Angus MacRuder wrote:
FUNNY! Dozens of people have reported this and EMBT won't start working on this until there is an official test case! And you are the newsgroup admin, right? I am glad you are on board.

When I saw this post I called support but there was no answer; so I opened a support case about this issue on the web.

Case number 00401071

Do they need an app to test with? Or can they create their own app?

Of course the app needs to be tied to a developer account for the app bundle id and an iTunes app store account so it can be submitted.

Not sure I want to give them access to my clients Apple account. But I suppose can give them access to my account and I could open an iTunes account.

I have had a previous go round with support regarding entitlements and they mentioned they only have an Enterprise account, which may or may not have the same issue. I also discovered from that that it takes about a week to make any changes to their Enterprise account, such as creating a new bundle ID.

Gary
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 2, 2014 8:38 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:
Angus MacRuder wrote:

When I saw this post I called support but there was no answer; so I opened a support case about this issue on the web.

Case number 00401071

Do they need an app to test with? Or can they create their own app?

Of course the app needs to be tied to a developer account for the app bundle id and an iTunes app store account so it can be submitted.

Not sure I want to give them access to my clients Apple account. But I suppose can give them access to my account and I could open an iTunes account.

I have had a previous go round with support regarding entitlements and they mentioned they only have an Enterprise account, which may or may not have the same issue. I also discovered from that that it takes about a week to make any changes to their Enterprise account, such as creating a new bundle ID.

You guys really need to settle down, be polite, and most of all, be patient. There are some errant statements in the above posts and I will leave it at that. All you need to know is I reproduced and have a test case and I have been busting my ass working with R&D to help to get this resolved as quickly as possible. These fixes do not happen overnight. So chill out and wait. There is nothing more you or I can do to speed this up and it is not our fault that Apple pulls the rug out all the time and we are forced to scramble.

On the polite thing... I will advise that I am literally sick (last 2 days) and tired from going above and beyond to keep these forums up and to get this problem resolved ASAP. Pay VERY careful attention to my sig and the forum guidelines before posting.
--
Jason Sweby

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 1:16 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
For balance, I'm extremely happy with EMBT, with Delphi XE7 and my experience over the past few years moving up through D2009 --> XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6 and XE7 has been excellent. Yes some hiccups, but then hey, my software isn't bug free either, as hard as I try.

And I've just had my first app accepted and appear in the Apple App Store, all written and deployed using XE7 for both the mobile client and the Datasnap REST web service behind it.

Negativity is unfortunately all we software developers ever receive from our users, so I for one would just like to let John and his colleagues know that there are many of us out here using Delphi with great success.
Ian Barker

Re: Is there anybody submit app to apple successful? [Edit]  
  Posted: Oct 3, 2014 5:34 AM   in response to: Jason Sweby in response to: Jason Sweby
Jason Sweby wrote:

For balance, I'm extremely happy with EMBT, with Delphi XE7 and my
experience over the past few years moving up through D2009 --> XE3,
XE4, XE5, XE6 and XE7 has been excellent. Yes some hiccups, but then
hey, my software isn't bug free either, as hard as I try.

And I've just had my first app accepted and appear in the Apple App
Store, all written and deployed using XE7 for both the mobile client
and the Datasnap REST web service behind it.

Negativity is unfortunately all we software developers ever receive
from our users, so I for one would just like to let John and his
colleagues know that there are many of us out here using Delphi with
great success.

I second that. Several successful iOS apps out there - admittedly
Enterprise, not app store, but the same priniciples apply; more on this
another time, see CodeRage 8 for details ;)

Big wheels turn slowly. Apple changed web server requirements for
iOS7.1 to make it mandatory for SSL, a breaking change - and told
nobody before they did it. Now they've changed the linker
requirements, not EMBT, again without letting anyone know beforehand.

It's frustrating for all people use RAD Studio and Delphi to create iOS
apps but it has been raised by several people, including MVPs and John
(an EMBT employee working directly with the EMBT R & D).

Embarcadero are fully aware of the problem, are working on it and a fix
is in the pipeline ASAP.

Are we all going to email Tim Cook now and moan at him? ;)

--
IanB.
http://about.me/IanBarker

Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 3, 2014 9:48 AM   in response to: Jason Sweby in response to: Jason Sweby
Jason Sweby wrote:
For balance, I'm extremely happy with EMBT, with Delphi XE7 and my experience over the past few years moving up through D2009 --> XE3, XE4, XE5, XE6 and XE7 has been excellent. Yes some hiccups, but then hey, my software isn't bug free either, as hard as I try.

And I've just had my first app accepted and appear in the Apple App Store, all written and deployed using XE7 for both the mobile client and the Datasnap REST web service behind it.

Negativity is unfortunately all we software developers ever receive from our users, so I for one would just like to let John and his colleagues know that there are many of us out here using Delphi with great success.

On a positive note, I have a client that tells me that I am the only one that they know of that can release an update to both Android and iOS and Windows within hours of each other on the same day. They say other people take weeks to do the same thing.

Nice to get that sort of pat on the back.
Serge P

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 5:52 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:

Is there any news? How to solve the problem?
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 12:23 PM   in response to: Serge P in response to: Serge P
Serge P wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

Not yet. We have a solution here we tested and the team is working on it. I do not have an ETA for release so stay tuned. Here is just as good a place as any I guess :) I know I will post up as soon as we get something you guys can try.
--
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Oct 6, 2014 7:07 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

Not yet. We have a solution here we tested and the team is working on it. I do not have an ETA for release so stay tuned. Here is just as good a place as any I guess :) I know I will post up as soon as we get something you guys can try.
--

Thanks! so, waiting...
Serge P

Posted: Oct 7, 2014 11:13 PM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

--

Thanks! so, waiting...

Not yet?
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 5:52 PM   in response to: Serge P in response to: Serge P
Serge P wrote:
Not yet?

No. The "fix" is very non-trivial so unfortunately we cannot just kick out a couple of files and be done with it. All you need to know is myself and the team have been working very hard to get everybody a working solution ASAP. As I said, I will post up here as soon as something is ready. So be sure to set your watches on this thread :)
--
Iwan Cahyadi Su...

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 8:05 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Not yet?

No. The "fix" is very non-trivial so unfortunately we cannot just kick out a couple of files and be done with it. All you need to know is myself and the team have been working very hard to get everybody a working solution ASAP. As I said, I will post up here as soon as something is ready. So be sure to set your watches on this thread :)
--

Thanks john for your effort, hope the team can get it fixed soon. But if i may suggest it to the team, please do communicate with your customer, it is better to communicate anything then golden silent. At least make a blog to announce that there is a problem regarding deploy iOS apps to App Store and we are working on it. That will be good enough. It is good that you keep updating the info in this forum. Thanks again and keep up the good work

Iwan
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 8, 2014 9:34 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Not yet?

--

Then the error message deceptively implies a simple problem with a simple solution, i.e. a misaligned segment start address that should be located on certain memory boundaries. Having studied compliers and linkers I know what that means.

Gary
Gebhard Blank

Posted: Oct 9, 2014 11:57 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Not yet?

--

Hello John,

i also have to upload a new version of my app. i have fixed some important issues. my costumer become nervous.
Please tell me how many days i have to wait for the solution.

best regards Gebhard
(from austria - sorry for my english)
Michael Price

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 1:28 AM   in response to: Gebhard Blank in response to: Gebhard Blank
Gebhard Blank wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
Serge P wrote:
Not yet?

--

Hello John,

i also have to upload a new version of my app. i have fixed some important issues. my costumer become nervous.
Please tell me how many days i have to wait for the solution.

best regards Gebhard
(from austria - sorry for my english)

Gebhard

Know what you mean, I tried to upload on the day it went off. I have 6 apps on the store so never envisaged a problem. I have had to send engineers out to install on individual phones part of a £26000 contract. The client is now threatening to sue for non delivery.

Best Regards Mike

Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 7:08 AM   in response to: Michael Price in response to: Michael Price
Know what you mean, I tried to upload on the day it went off. I have 6 apps on the store so never envisaged a problem. I have had to send engineers out to install on individual phones part of a £26000 contract. The client is now threatening to sue for non delivery.

Best Regards Mike
Is this issue affecting all XE6 mobile users?
Steven Wiberg

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 7:37 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum
Mike Margerum wrote:

Best Regards Mike

Not only XE6 but also XE7 as well. Still waiting for the update here.

I have some issues that I have fixed, I have been having to explain to my customers that all the programming that we can do is done and working, we just have to wait for EMB to release our fix and it will be uploaded to Apple.

In most cases we just tell them its breaking changes Apple made and that Apple doesn't really care about us and they do whatever they want, even if it breaks 3rd party software.

Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 8:40 AM   in response to: Steven Wiberg in response to: Steven Wiberg
Not only XE6 but also XE7 as well. Still waiting for the update here.

I have some issues that I have fixed, I have been having to explain to my customers that all the programming that we can do is done and working,
we just have to wait for EMB to release our fix and it will be uploaded
to Apple.

In most cases we just tell them its breaking changes Apple made and that Apple doesn't really care about us and they do whatever they want, even if it breaks 3rd party software.

This just wouldn't work for us. We have deliverables that must be
contractually met by a certain date. Not being able to submit would
pose a serious issue for us.

The amount of time this is taking EMB to fix is deeply concerning.

Ian Barker

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 8:24 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum
Mike Margerum wrote:

Not only XE6 but also XE7 as well. Still waiting for the update
here.

I have some issues that I have fixed, I have been having to explain
to my customers that all the programming that we can do is done and
working,
we just have to wait for EMB to release our fix and it will be
uploaded to Apple.

In most cases we just tell them its breaking changes Apple made and
that Apple doesn't really care about us and they do whatever they
want, even if it breaks 3rd party software.

This just wouldn't work for us. We have deliverables that must be

Mike, have you tried contacting Embarcadero support directly since this
is time and business-critical for you? I see EMBT are saying they're
testing a fix - perhaps you could suggest that you test it with them?

We're all waiting for the fix to come out. :(

--
IanB.

Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 9:41 AM   in response to: Ian Barker in response to: Ian Barker
... I see EMBT are saying they're

--
IanB.

Hi Ian, where did you see they are testing a fix?
Ian Barker

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 10:33 AM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:

... I see EMBT are saying they're
testing a fix - perhaps you could suggest that you test it with
them?

--
IanB.

Hi Ian, where did you see they are testing a fix?

John F (the Embarcadero forum moderator) has replied to several similar
threads discussing this and said that a) they are testing a work-around
b) they will ship that first plus a fix c) it's a really hard problem
but they are on it and recognize that it's a priority breaking problem
for anyone affected.

--
IanB.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 12:24 PM   in response to: Ian Barker in response to: Ian Barker
Ian Barker wrote:
<snip>

Correct-a-mundo! We are getting closer and have many hands on deck. For my own curiosity, are any of you guys doing C++ apps, or all Object Pascal?
--
Chris Dunn

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 12:56 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
OP
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 12:57 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Ian Barker wrote:
<snip>

Correct-a-mundo! We are getting closer and have many hands on deck. For my own curiosity, are any of you guys doing C++ apps, or all Object Pascal?
--

Hi John,

I am doing Pascal, and I have a few Apple apps I can test with. I also have many testers with various Apple devices of assorted models and OSes; iPhone, iPad, and I think an iPod.

Let me know if I can be of help testing.

Gary
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 2:45 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
Ian Barker wrote:
I am doing Pascal, and I have a few Apple apps I can test with. I also have many testers with various Apple devices of assorted models and OSes; iPhone, iPad, and I think an iPod.

Let me know if I can be of help testing.

Since you actually have a case, make sure to also voice this interest with your support rep and let him know you are interested. We don't have anything ready to test for OP yet but you are already on my radar :)
--
Steven Wiberg

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 1:39 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Ian Barker wrote:
<snip>

--

Object Pascal here too
Ian Barker

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 7:47 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:

Ian Barker wrote:
<snip>

Correct-a-mundo! We are getting closer and have many hands on deck.
For my own curiosity, are any of you guys doing C++ apps, or all
Object Pascal?

OP

--
IanB.
Chris Dunn

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 10:08 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Ian Barker wrote:
<snip>

--

Im wondering if all the other issues are going to be fixed along with this such as:
all the example projects working correctly across ios 7 and ios 8 using IOS8SDK.
Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 7:46 AM   in response to: Ian Barker in response to: Ian Barker
Mike, have you tried contacting Embarcadero support directly since this
is time and business-critical for you? I see EMBT are saying they're

We're all waiting for the fix to come out. :(

I don't have any Delphi mobile project currently. Just VCL.

I'm using objC for my mobile projects. I was evaluating Delphi for a
potential iPad app but there's no way in heck i'm using it now. I
can't be out of commission for weeks. I'll just continue using
objC/Swift for iOS and Java for Android.
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 8:36 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum

Sounds like it's an .ipa layout issue, so yes, all XE6, and XE7, and XE5, et.al

And from Googleing it also affects Adobe and Starling.
Steven Wiberg

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 1:01 PM   in response to: Gary Wardell in response to: Gary Wardell
Gary Wardell wrote:

Sounds like it's an .ipa layout issue, so yes, all XE6, and XE7, and XE5, et.al

And from Googleing it also affects Adobe and Starling.

Ya but looking at it Adobe Air released a fix for it already
Eli M

Posted: Oct 10, 2014 2:25 PM   in response to: Michael Price in response to: Michael Price
The Apple store is unreliable for time sensitive Enterprise deployment. Use the Enterprise signing with an mobile device management solution like MaaS360 ( http://www.maas360.com/ ).
glauber gorayeb

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 2:46 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
The Apple store is unreliable for time sensitive Enterprise deployment. Use the Enterprise signing with an mobile device management solution like MaaS360 ( http://www.maas360.com/ ).

Still waiting for the update here

anything yet?

Smeup Developer 2

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 5:43 AM   in response to: glauber gorayeb in response to: glauber gorayeb
Mike Margerum wrote:
We have deliverables that must be

We are in the similar situation: our app doesn't work with iOS8.
We have a fix ready since sept 22, but we cannot submit it!

We are really concerned about this situation.
Can we have an ETA about the release, please?
And also: will the fix be only for XE7? What about XE6?

Thanks and best regards

Edited by: Smeup Developer 2 on Oct 13, 2014 5:44 AM
Giacomo Perciav...

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 6:16 AM   in response to: Smeup Developer 2 in response to: Smeup Developer 2
Hi all,
we are in the same situation too...

What I ask here is to know if EMB's staff has the sensation that the fix will be ready within one week, one month ore more,
or if it has no idea of the time required to have the fix ready.
Many of us need to think about an alternative solution...

Thank you and regards
Giacomo
Eli M

Posted: Oct 13, 2014 6:59 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
From Google Plus:

"Marco Cantù
12:08 AM

We are working on this (and have been working since Apple released the new iOS 8). Updating the linker is not trivial. We should have a workaround real soon... and a real solution ASAP."
Steven Ashley

Posted: Oct 14, 2014 11:20 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
From Google Plus:

"Marco Cantù

We are working on this (and have been working since Apple released the new iOS 8). Updating the linker is not trivial. We should have a workaround real soon... and a real solution ASAP."

Hi All,

I am using Object Pascal and have an application ready to upload to the Apple Application store now (well it was ready over a week ago), and we need to get it available for clients by 10th November, so with Apple's current 11 day review time this is getting too close for comfort.

Hope the fix comes in next couple of days, please.

Paul Bedford.
Ian Barker

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 7:51 AM   in response to: Steven Ashley in response to: Steven Ashley
Steven Ashley wrote:

From Google Plus:

"Marco Cantù

We are working on this (and have been working since Apple released
the new iOS 8). Updating the linker is not trivial. We should have
a workaround real soon... and a real solution ASAP."

Hi All,

I am using Object Pascal and have an application ready to upload to
the Apple Application store now (well it was ready over a week ago),
and we need to get it available for clients by 10th November, so with
Apple's current 11 day review time this is getting too close for
comfort.

Hope the fix comes in next couple of days, please.

Paul Bedford.

John F (Embarcadero) is commenting on other threads regarding this -
the fix is still being tested as a priority and will be available ASAP.
No timescales but really as quick as they can.

It might be worth raising it directly with Embarcadero support if you
have a close deadline to ensure you get notified directly about
progress.

Good luck with your project.

--
IanB.
Cedomir Plavlja...

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 12:15 AM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
From Google Plus:

"Marco Cantù

This is very frivolous from Apple and Embarcadero (Are you communicate?).
John Frazier

Correct
  Posted: Oct 15, 2014 5:33 PM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:

As promised, and hot off the press...

We finally got it tested and live. This is still under the guise of "beta hotfix" so make sure you keep us all informed if anything bad happens. The short version is there is a new ld.exe linker to replace in the bin directory. I have successfully submitted Delphi and C++Builder apps with XE7 and XE6.

FYI, pay attention to the included doc about minimum version switches for Delphi apps. Those tweaks should not be necessary when update1 comes out.

http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30022

Hope it works for everybody as well as it did for me.
--
José Morango

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 5:48 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

We finally got it tested and live. This is still under the guise of "beta hotfix" so make sure you keep us all informed if anything bad happens. The short version is there is a new ld.exe linker to replace in the bin directory. I have successfully submitted Delphi and C++Builder apps with XE7 and XE6.

FYI, pay attention to the included doc about minimum version switches for Delphi apps. Those tweaks should not be necessary when update1 comes out.

--

Great News.... Testing...

thanks EMB TEAM. :)

László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 11:02 PM   in response to: José Morango in response to: José Morango
José Morango wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
Jinsong Chen wrote:

--

Great News.... Testing...

thanks EMB TEAM. :)

Great work! Thank you, it's working fine, i've managed to submit my app.

I wonder if it solves the MAC issue too:
[IBLite] [MacOS] [AppStore] OSX License error when deploying to Application Store under XE7
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=128091

Or maybe Update1 will?
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 11:13 PM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
László Malinovszky wrote:

Sweet, thanks for the feedback.

[IBLite] [MacOS] [AppStore] OSX License error when deploying to Application Store under XE7

Or maybe Update1 will?

Good question. I was going to test this tomorrow as I am messing with certificates on this still as my Mac distribution ones needed to be updated. Perhaps you could test and let us know.\
--
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 11:22 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
I think I have the same problem, because it complains that the "certificate is ambigious" because it is already associated with an Iphone developer and a MAC developer.
Obviously I am the same person and company developing for both, but i've already chosen a different name for the certficate, but seems like it wasn't enough.
I'm gonna find a way to separate it and give you a feedback!

John Frazier wrote:

Or maybe Update1 will?

Good question. I was going to test this tomorrow as I am messing with certificates on this still as my Mac distribution ones needed to be updated. Perhaps you could test and let us know.\
--
Mike Margerum

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 4:50 AM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
On 10/16/14 2:22 AM, László Malinovszky wrote:
I think I have the same problem, because it complains that the "certificate is ambigious" because it is already associated with an Iphone developer and a MAC developer.
Obviously I am the same person and company developing for both, but i've already chosen a different name for the certficate, but seems like it wasn't enough.
I'm gonna find a way to separate it and give you a feedback!

I had this issue a few years back. i kept the certs in two different
keychains.
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 4:19 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Compiling and running the APP to MAC OSX with Release works fine, until you change the Configuration from Normal to Application Store and then the interbase license becomes invalid.

John Frazier wrote:

Or maybe Update1 will?

--
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 6:35 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:

Or maybe Update1 will?

--

Another issue remains open, in my opinion the Interbase issue remains on IOS8.

Yes, it is true that IBLite/InterBase ToGo do not work on iOS8. We are
aware of the problem and investigating a solution. To my knowledge, we
first learned about this issue last week. It should be noted that
IBLIte/InterBase ToGo have not been tested on iOS 8 as of this time.

Antonio Lopez Garcia wrote:
I received the following message from Embarcadero: "Yes, there is a licencing issue on iOS8 for InterBase currently. We are working on getting an update for iOS8 out currently."

Is that problem solved, yet?
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 11:33 AM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky

We should have a fix to test for that... We do not have a page for that to download yet so create a support case and mention you are interested in trying and one of us can try to get that to you. I am sure we will have an official page and stuff on registered users as soon as we can. We have a LOT of stuff going on for a relatively small team so follow my lead and we can get you guys going in the right direction. Again, you can mention my name in case so if the receiving support engineer isn't hip, they can ask me and I will fill them in.
--

Edited by: John Frazier on Oct 17, 2014 12:17 PM
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 3:42 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:

We should have a fix to test for that... We do not have a page for that to download yet so create a support case and mention you are interested in trying and one of us can try to get that to you. I am sure we will have an official page and stuff on registered users as soon as we can. We have a LOT of stuff going on for a relatively small team so follow my lead and we can get you guys going in the right direction. Again, you can mention my name in case so if the receiving support engineer isn't hip, they can ask me and I will fill them in.
--

Can I test that?
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=128091 is my case.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 12:19 PM   in response to: László Mlnvszky in response to: László Mlnvszky
László Mlnvszky wrote:
John Frazier wrote:

--

Can I test that?
http://qc.embarcadero.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=128091 is my case.

QualityCentral IS NOT TECHNICAL SUPPORT, it is a bug submission tool. Create a support case at http://support.embarcadero.com/forms
--
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 6:24 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Great news and a big thanks
I will test over tbe weekend :)
Ken Randall

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 7:46 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:

Great news. Many thanks.
Peter Berry

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 9:53 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Worked for me - app successfully submitted

Thanks
Gebhard Blank

Posted: Oct 15, 2014 11:40 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Thanks John,

it works for me, my app is now waiting for review!

Gebhard

Edited by: Gebhard Blank on Oct 16, 2014 1:12 AM
Brian Hamilton ...

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 2:18 AM   in response to: Gebhard Blank in response to: Gebhard Blank
worked here too
thanks very much :)

re the minimum version number:
I got an error when trying to change that in the IDE with XE7
but got around that problem by manually editing the info.plist file in the bin folder of the app before deploying (i.e after a compile)
Giel -

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 2:49 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
We finally got it tested and live. This is still under the guise of "beta hotfix" so make sure you keep us all informed if anything bad happens.
I've submitted the app, running functional tests now. Looking good so far. Thanks!!

Giel
g.perciavalle@w...

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 7:04 AM   in response to: Giel - in response to: Giel -
Hi,
sorry for the off-topics, EMB doesn't let me to download the fix,
can anyone send me the updated "ld.exe" to my email
g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com

I have not the time to deal with EMB administrative problems...
I have to publish asap...

Thanks a lot

John Frazier

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 9:32 AM   in response to: g.perciavalle@w... in response to: g.perciavalle@w...
g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com wrote:
Hi,
sorry for the off-topics, EMB doesn't let me to download the fix,
can anyone send me the updated "ld.exe" to my email
g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com

You are either not logged in with the correct EDN account you have registered your product with OR the product you have registered may have been forgotten in that validated list and we need to update. DO NOT e-mail this file as this is breaking the license agreement as you are not legally allowed to distribute. If you need help getting this working correctly, contact support via a free installation case at http://support.embarcadero.com/forms and we can help. Mention the two causes I listed above and my name in case anybody receiving needs help here I can steer them in the right direction for a quick solution. Make sure to include your serial number in your submitted case so we can look up the correct SKU and figure out what is going on.
--
Giel -

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 8:36 AM   in response to: Giel - in response to: Giel -
Giel - wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
We finally got it tested and live. This is still under the guise of "beta hotfix" so make sure you keep us all informed if anything bad happens.
I've submitted the app, running functional tests now. Looking good so far. Thanks!!

Still looking good, although there's one debug build configuration that produces an executable that won't codesign:

[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 Unable to execute '"/usr/bin/codesign" --en "xxx.app/Entitlements.plist" --deep -s "xxx" -f "xxx.app"' (Error 1)
[PAClient Error] Error: E0264 xxx.app: main executable failed strict validation

whereas the old ld.exe does work:

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\studio\14.0\bin\paclient.exe -u8 --codesign="xxx.app,'xxx (xxx)',Entitlements.plist" minimac

Giel

John Frazier

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 9:36 AM   in response to: Giel - in response to: Giel -
Giel - wrote:
Still looking good, although there's one debug build configuration that produces an executable that won't codesign:

I personally only rested release mode due to limited bandwidth as this took a ton of my time. Regardless, you really shouldn't be submitting debug builds to AppStore, right? That's the kind of thing suitable for AdHoc distribution or testing phase if you ask me.
--
g.perciavalle@w...

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 9:38 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
Hi John,
I work with Appmethod (1.15), I need the patch, But EDN doesn't let me to download it, how can I get it to test with appmethod ?

Please help me

Thanks
Giacomo
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 11:03 AM   in response to: g.perciavalle@w... in response to: g.perciavalle@w...
g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com g dot perciavalle at web2emotions dot com wrote:
Hi John,
I work with Appmethod (1.15), I need the patch, But EDN doesn't let me to download it, how can I get it to test with appmethod ?

Well say so then :) This is not Appmethod fix and it is not available quite yet. I know they are working on it as we type so keep an eye on your support case and your engineer will let you know when it is ready. I know because I just Skyped him about it a few moments ago ;)
--
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 7:46 PM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
I do not want to disappoint everybody in this thread, but..

Beta Hotfix (http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30022) does not work properly. There is a bug when device (iPhone 6) in landscape mode.
This is screenshots of an empy app with 1 button and 1 lable.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26403307/portrait.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26403307/landscape.png

It can be reproduced in any application.

When using an old "ld.exe" - everything is OK. I rechecked it 3 times.
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Oct 16, 2014 11:52 PM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Beta Hotfix (http://cc.embarcadero.com/item/30022) does not work properly. There is a bug when device (iPhone 6) in landscape mode.

As you point it out, i have the same issue!
Edwin Lau

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 1:08 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Yup, same here. I guess for apps which are locked in the portrait mode, its not going to be an issue.

I'm also getting the "Main Application Failed Strict Validation" after deploying on the iPhone after a few compilation.
Giel -

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 2:28 AM   in response to: Edwin Lau in response to: Edwin Lau
Edwin Lau wrote:
I'm also getting the "Main Application Failed Strict Validation" after deploying on the iPhone after a few compilation.
You're right, it has something to do with 'a few compilations'. I can codesign yesterday's build config today.

Giel

Giel -

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 2:31 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

FWIW: in XCode-land some people run into problems like this if an XCode 6 app runs on iOS8. I used XCode 5.1.1 to compile my Delphi app and it runs fine in landscape mode. Didn't try the new ld.exe with XCode 6.

Giel
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:39 AM   in response to: Giel - in response to: Giel -
Giel - wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

FWIW: in XCode-land some people run into problems like this if an XCode 6 app runs on iOS8. I used XCode 5.1.1 to compile my Delphi app and it runs fine in landscape mode. Didn't try the new ld.exe with XCode 6.

Giel

That's it. With xCode 5.1.1 it works ok. Waiting for Update 1, but it not so time critical.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:36 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

You guys post far too little information when reporting this stuff. What target(s), what iOS SDK target(s), which device(s)? I know I do not have time to chase down vague descriptions of things. Get me concrete test step, step, step, boom, and I can try to look into it and see if it is something we can address. Otherwise, submit QC entries.
--
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:41 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

You guys post far too little information when reporting this stuff. What target(s), what iOS SDK target(s), which device(s)? I know I do not have time to chase down vague descriptions of things. Get me concrete test step, step, step, boom, and I can try to look into it and see if it is something we can address. Otherwise, submit QC entries.
--

xCode 6, ios 8.0.2, XE7, iPhone 6

With xcode 5.1.1 - works ok.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:46 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Thanks. Have you tried any other devices or SDKs?
--
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:49 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

--

With SDK 7.1 and xcode 5.1.1 it works correctly.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 9:56 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

I'm curious how you are switching Xcode versions so casually. Different boxes/VMs or do you have a custom setup? I ask because I know Xcode has not always been that friendly about having multiple versions on a single box.
--
Gary Wardell

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 10:40 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

I'm curious how you are switching Xcode versions so casually. Different boxes/VMs or do you have a custom setup? I ask because I know Xcode has not always been that friendly about having multiple versions on a single box.
--

I'm a bit curious too. I use MacInCloud and it's always been that each version of PAServer is tied to a specific version of xCode.

Gary
Giel -

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 2:09 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
I'm curious how you are switching Xcode versions so casually.
I have multiple partitions with multiple OS X versions. Currently I have XCode 5.1.1 in Mavericks and XCode 6 in Yosemite.

Giel
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 3:36 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

--

1. Uninstall xcode 6 (macbook).
2. Install xcode 5.1.1 (macbook).
3. Go to Tools > Options > SDK Manager.
4. Add new SDK (select iPhoneOS 7.1).

sample project https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26403307/ios_test.zip
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 10:57 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Can you please post a sample project to attachments group with steps to repro. I've got somebody here to test if we can get a clear reproducible.
--
Rolf Hauger

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 12:24 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

--

Same Problem with landscape Orientation (iPhone 6) - Solution? :-(
Hank Moody

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 1:56 PM   in response to: Rolf Hauger in response to: Rolf Hauger
Rolf Hauger wrote:
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

--

Solution: uninstall xcode 6, install xcode 5.
John Frazier

Posted: Oct 18, 2014 8:26 PM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Seems like a reasonable workaround for now. I did get my guys in QA reproducing this so I hope to get more info next week.
--
Rolf Hauger

Posted: Oct 22, 2014 11:02 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

Seems like a reasonable workaround for now. I did get my guys in QA reproducing this so I hope to get more info next week.
--

Is there already a solution , we urgently waiting
Borja Serrano

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 4:11 AM   in response to: Rolf Hauger in response to: Rolf Hauger
Hello,

As Sebastian has said in a reply, there is a workaround in:

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-9566
Rolf Hauger

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 7:14 AM   in response to: Borja Serrano in response to: Borja Serrano
Borja Serrano wrote:
Hello,

As Sebastian has said in a reply, there is a workaround in:

I've tested, but with that the Orientation problem is not solved!
Borja Serrano

Posted: Oct 23, 2014 7:51 AM   in response to: Rolf Hauger in response to: Rolf Hauger
You are right. I messed up the problems
Rolf Hauger

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 6:01 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Hank Moody wrote:

--

John Frazier

Posted: Oct 25, 2014 11:16 PM   in response to: Rolf Hauger in response to: Rolf Hauger
Rolf Hauger wrote:

No there is not. We are working on it and hope to have a solution when we release update1.
--
Rolf Hauger

Posted: Oct 26, 2014 1:42 AM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Rolf Hauger wrote:

No there is not. We are working on it and hope to have a solution when we release update1.
--

thx for the answer.
Is there a hardcoded solution like that from Sebastian Zierer, but the solution from Sebastian Zierer doesn't work.
László Mlnvszky

Posted: Nov 4, 2014 11:34 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Rolf Hauger wrote:

--

Is there any news with the IOS8 compatibility?
Sebastian Zierer

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 10:49 AM   in response to: Hank Moody in response to: Hank Moody
Hank Moody wrote:

Does adding the UISupportedInterfaceOrientations key with all 4 orientations to the info.plist file fix this for you?
Server Informat...

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 9:41 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
hi, does anybody here know if is it safe to update to xcode 6.1 with sdk 8.1 for ipad apps ? i currently use xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1 and everything is working fine a i just submitted an app to appstore. My app is ipad only....

thank you !
Cristian Peța

Posted: Oct 29, 2014 9:47 AM   in response to: Server Informat... in response to: Server Informat...
Delphi XE7 with Xcode 6.1, Device 8.1 and Simulator 7.1 is working.
But I have not published yet.

And there are orientations issues. My app is starting landscape but messages are coming portrait.
See here:

Best regards,
Cristian Peta

Edited by: Cristian Peta on Oct 29, 2014 6:54 PM
Jinsong Chen

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 2:30 AM   in response to: Server Informat... in response to: Server Informat...
Server Informatica wrote:
hi, does anybody here know if is it safe to update to xcode 6.1 with sdk 8.1 for ipad apps ? i currently use xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1 and everything is working fine a i just submitted an app to appstore. My app is ipad only....

thank you !

I tested the newer hotfix #2, it is still not solve the problem about the landscape app running under iOS 8 /later devices if you compile your app using iOS SDK 8(xcode 6.1), so, you must backup your xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1, be careful update you xcode to 6.1.

I think, maybe, before the next hotfix (maybe need fix the compiler not the linker), use the xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1 is the safe way if you app must use landscape mode as default.

(the test devices are iPhone6 running ios 8.0.2, and ipad running 8.1)

Zivota Milic

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 4:18 AM   in response to: Jinsong Chen in response to: Jinsong Chen
Jinsong Chen wrote:
Server Informatica wrote:

thank you !

I tested the newer hotfix #2, it is still not solve the problem about the landscape app running under iOS 8 /later devices if you compile your app using iOS SDK 8(xcode 6.1), so, you must backup your xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1, be careful update you xcode to 6.1.

I think, maybe, before the next hotfix (maybe need fix the compiler not the linker), use the xcode 5.11 and sdk 7.1 is the safe way if you app must use landscape mode as default.

(the test devices are iPhone6 running ios 8.0.2, and ipad running 8.1)

Dear Jinsong Chen,
this is not the only problem with the XE7 to develop ios App with sdk8.1 and xcode6.1.
I'm desperate with my ios App because I have a lot of Apps the works good on Android platform but they do not on the ios one.(disaster)
I'm hope that update1 will solve this problems:
- TakePhotoFromCamera, and TakeLibraryFromCamera......
- TNumberBox....
- Orientation....
- The BIG problem that happens after compiling my ios App with the XE7 version is that App cannnot be used properly becasue after a couple of minute it's start to flash a screen... I've tried
everything but i don't find a problem.. Seems to be something on memory or GPU i don't no.. The only thing that appear on xcode device when my app start to flashing is message : failed to make complete framebuffer object 8cdd.. On XE6 and previous was all good!!

I'm waiting for the next update and I'm confident that the problem will be fixed.
Chris Dunn

Posted: Nov 8, 2014 10:39 AM   in response to: Zivota Milic in response to: Zivota Milic
I noticed if I use my old style books from any old version of Delphi, take photo and choose photo will crash. Remove the stylebook it works fine.

Sdk8.0 running on iOS 8.1

Edited by: Chris Dunn on Nov 8, 2014 10:40 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02