Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Serial Communication with UART from TI MSP430

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Oct 17, 2014 4:37 AM Last Post By: Alain Bastien Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Hans Werner

Serial Communication with UART from TI MSP430
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Oct 2, 2014 11:13 AM
Hi.

I'm sorry, my english isn't very good.
I'm new in using the embarcadero C++ builder XE7. A few years ago i worked with the borland c++ builder and there was a component to use a RS232 intrface.
In my actual project, I need to communicate with my TI MSP430 MCU over the USB connected UART with rate 9600 and so on...
Is there a component to do this? I tried a few that I found online, but nothing worked. Am I the only one, who wants to use UART in C++ builder? :P

Thank a lot!!
Greets
chen zero

Re: Serial Communication with UART from TI MSP430
  Posted: Oct 2, 2014 9:11 PM   in response to: Hans Werner in response to: Hans Werner
overall, serial port is treated almost like a file in OS,
after set its configuration by a few special API, e.g:
SetCommState(),
you can manipulate it same by ReadFile() WriteFile()

some doc to refer:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/3061/Creating-a-Serial-communication-on-Win
http://gtk-study-korea.googlecode.com/files/serial-win.pdf

HTH
Andrew Law

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 4:05 AM   in response to: Hans Werner in response to: Hans Werner
Hans Werner wrote:
Hi.

I'm sorry, my english isn't very good.
I'm new in using the embarcadero C++ builder XE7. A few years ago i worked with the borland c++ builder and there was a component to use a RS232 intrface.
In my actual project, I need to communicate with my TI MSP430 MCU over the USB connected UART with rate 9600 and so on...
Is there a component to do this? I tried a few that I found online, but nothing worked. Am I the only one, who wants to use UART in C++ builder? :P

Thank a lot!!
Greets

We use the Async32 component pack from TMS Software (http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/async32.asp).

There are alternative techniques however. If you want to avoid spending any cash, and developing your own code, you can use a combination of CreateFile(), BuildCommDCB(), SetCommState(), SetCommTimeouts(), SetupComm(), WriteFile() and ReadFile(). But this will take you some time to put together. I'm sure there are other methods as well.

If you can still find it online, Harold Howe published a TCommPort class that wraps around those primitives.

Best regards,
Andrew
Alain Bastien

Posted: Oct 17, 2014 4:37 AM   in response to: Hans Werner in response to: Hans Werner
www.deepsoftware.com nrComm Libs
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02