Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Sep 17, 2014 2:08 PM Last Post By: John Frazier
Garnet Pettway

Posts: 33
Registered: 9/29/11
Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 30, 2014 2:52 PM
Adding Android Devices, the following works in Delphi XE5
I click on Add and entered Device name and selected Android Platform.
click on enable orientation
selected device background picture.png file
entered the following values:
left = 10
top = 90
screen size:
width = 348
height = 610
status bar:
size = 78
Position = bottom
Then click Ok I get the following error:

Access Violation at address 076BEFAD in module 'DeviceManager200.bpl read of address 00000000.
Eli M

Posts: 1,346
Registered: 11/9/13
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 1, 2014 7:36 AM   in response to: Garnet Pettway in response to: Garnet Pettway
Try installing the IDE fix pack if you don't have it yet:

http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ide-fix-pack/
Garnet Pettway

Posts: 33
Registered: 9/29/11
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 1, 2014 2:40 PM   in response to: Eli M in response to: Eli M
Eli M wrote:
Try installing the IDE fix pack if you don't have it yet:

http://andy.jgknet.de/blog/ide-tools/ide-fix-pack/

I TRIED IT AND IT DID NOT FIX THE PROBLEM...
THANKS FOR THE POST!
John Frazier


Posts: 726
Registered: 2/17/00
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 3, 2014 11:28 AM   in response to: Garnet Pettway in response to: Garnet Pettway
Garnet Pettway wrote:
Adding Android Devices, the following works in Delphi XE5
I click on Add and entered Device name and selected Android Platform.
click on enable orientation
selected device background picture.png file
entered the following values:
left = 10
top = 90
screen size:
width = 348
height = 610
status bar:
size = 78
Position = bottom
Then click Ok I get the following error:

Access Violation at address 076BEFAD in module 'DeviceManager200.bpl read of address 00000000.

Missing some information here. You said worked in XE5... well what are you trying this in now? XE5 with later update, XE6 RTM, XE6u1?

Also, you casually referenced "selected device background picture.png file". Some more details about this file would be useful. How big is it width/height/color depth/what was used to create it? Perhaps you can upload to https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=2 so we can try the steps.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
Garnet Pettway

Posts: 33
Registered: 9/29/11
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 3, 2014 7:45 PM   in response to: John Frazier in response to: John Frazier
John Frazier wrote:
Garnet Pettway wrote:
Adding Android Devices, the following works in Delphi XE5
I click on Add and entered Device name and selected Android Platform.
click on enable orientation
selected device background picture.png file
entered the following values:
left = 10
top = 90
screen size:
width = 348
height = 610
status bar:
size = 78
Position = bottom
Then click Ok I get the following error:

Access Violation at address 076BEFAD in module 'DeviceManager200.bpl read of address 00000000.

Missing some information here. You said worked in XE5... well what are you trying this in now? XE5 with later update, XE6 RTM, XE6u1?

Also, you casually referenced "selected device background picture.png file". Some more details about this file would be useful. How big is it width/height/color depth/what was used to create it? Perhaps you can upload to https://forums.embarcadero.com/forum.jspa?forumID=2 so we can try the steps.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)

I am working in the new Delphi XE6 enterprise version on a window 7 64 system.

Edited by: Garnet Pettway on Jul 3, 2014 9:45 PM

Edited by: Garnet Pettway on Jul 3, 2014 9:50 PM
I copied the screen print below....
https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?threadID=106689&tstart=0

Edited by: Garnet Pettway on Jul 3, 2014 9:57 PM

Amiga Schröder

Posts: 3
Registered: 8/11/09
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 17, 2014 4:58 AM   in response to: Garnet Pettway in response to: Garnet Pettway
Hello,

I have the same problem with Delphi XE6 Upd 1 (20.0.16277.1276) under Windows 7 64 Bit.
Did you find a solution?

Btw. Under XE5 the device manager works perfectly....

Edited by: Heiko Schröder on Sep 17, 2014 4:58 AM
John Frazier


Posts: 726
Registered: 2/17/00
Re: Form Designer -> Device Manager adding Android Devices  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 17, 2014 2:08 PM   in response to: Amiga Schröder in response to: Amiga Schröder
Heiko Schröder wrote:
Hello,

I have the same problem with Delphi XE6 Upd 1 (20.0.16277.1276) under Windows 7 64 Bit.
Did you find a solution?

Btw. Under XE5 the device manager works perfectly....

Edited by: Heiko Schröder on Sep 17, 2014 4:58 AM

Make sure you assign a bitmap image FIRST. The docs are not terribly clear on this and it is requirement or you will get an AV. I also think the dimensions you have to give for device must be within the dimensions of the image or you get AV. My advice is grab some arbitrary JPG or PNG, choose that, then add dimensions and see what the result shows. Once you see it work and the result it gives more of an indicator how it works. At least that is how I figured it out.

FYI, I wouldn't get too married to this if you are considering moving to XE7. This UI is completely gone and replaced with FireUI. Totally different way of handling multiple device targets in new product.
--
John Frazier (Embarcadero Newsgroup Admin)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02