Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: XE6 Firemonkey - SQLite DB deploys and works on simulator but NOT on device

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Sep 19, 2014 5:42 AM Last Post By: Keith Marbach
Keith Marbach

XE6 Firemonkey - SQLite DB deploys and works on simulator but NOT on device  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 16, 2014 9:45 AM
How often does this happen! 5 minutes after posting question I got it to work. I deleted the app off the ipad. The next time I ran it it worked! It took me a day and a half to fully configure the mac and do everything I needed with certificates, profiles, etc, I hope the investment of time is worth it.

----
Original message below
----

I'm on day 2 of trying to get this to work so ready for help, if someone can (tia).

I have a very simple XE6 FireMonkey mobile app with a TFDConnection and a TFDQuery. I am deploying a SQLite db to "StartUp\Documents\" (minus double quotes). The query pulls a field from a table with a select statement. It works fine on the iPhone simulator (running on new Mac laptop) but when I try to run on an ipad (ios 5.1.1) I get message that the table does not exist - "[FireDAC][Phys][SQLite] ERROR: no such table: config."

In the BeforeConnect of the FDConn I have:

LocalDBConn.Params.Values['Database'] := '$(DOC)/test.sdb';

I haven't developed ios apps before so that is one hurdle.

Another is that I don't know how to see that the db file is actually being deployed, is there an app I can run on the mac or ipad to make sure test.sdb is present?

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.

Keith

Edited by: Keith Marbach on Sep 16, 2014 9:57 AM
maria uana

Re: XE6 Firemonkey - SQLite DB deploys and works on simulator but NOT on device  
  Posted: Sep 16, 2014 5:11 PM   in response to: Keith Marbach in response to: Keith Marbach
delete string connectiondefname in design mode

close all connection

uses System.IOUtils;

in beforeconnect

begin
try
LocalDBConn.Params.Values['Database'] := TPath.Combine(TPath.GetDocumentsPath, 'test.sdb'); // or only TPath.GetDocumentsPath + PathDelim +'test.sdb';
except
on E: Exception do
begin
ShowMessage(E.Message);
end;
end;
end;

in form onshow (oncreate) or in your button

fdquery1.active:=true;

I hope to be a help

Edited by: maria uana on Sep 16, 2014 5:18 PM

Edited by: maria uana on Sep 16, 2014 5:21 PM

Keith Marbach

Re: XE6 Firemonkey - SQLite DB deploys and works on simulator but NOT on device  
  Posted: Sep 19, 2014 5:42 AM   in response to: maria uana in response to: maria uana
close all connection
GOOD ADVICE!

ShowMessage(E.Message);
Not so good... ShowMEssage does not work for me in andoid or ios.

Thank you. What finally helped me was to completely remove the app from the ipad and re-install, making sure I had the correct remote path for the deployed SQLite file.

Take care.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02