Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Dropping files into virtual folders

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 0
Andrea Rimicci

Dropping files into virtual folders  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Sep 10, 2014 5:08 AM
Hi all,
I recently got XE7 Trial to check if a Win32 Console C project built on Borland C++ 5.02 can be migrated to XE and take advantage then of everything came on 15 years across of releases.

Creating a new project from scratch and adding C files one at time, after minor changes, were working good and compiled correctly, then the test executable seems working good.

The more time-consuming experience I had on this test, it was when I drag and dropped files to the project: when I create a virtual folder, and then I want drop a source file into that container, the IDE instead put it on root project, with all path names to navigate before reach the source file, so I have to navigate the path on the ide, and then drag and drop the file from the place it were put, to the virtual folder, to be able see the file there.

Is some option I missed to achieve the result I were expecting (drag a source file from a computer folder and drop into the virtual folder, resulting in the file visible into the virtual folder), or it just I cannot directly put files onto virtual folders and I must put them into the ide first and move within ide then?

XE7 was vanilla install from the trial installer.

TIA, Andrea
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02