Help

Thread: SQLite version mystery

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Sep 6, 2014 6:50 AM Last Post By: Phyllis Lang
Phyllis Lang

SQLite version mystery  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 29, 2014 6:52 AM
I am building a SQLite database on Win32 but I am having problems opening it on Android and iOS. I found that on each of the 3 platforms (Win32, Android, iOS) , the version of SQLite shown by reading a database file created on the device differs.

I am using CBXE6 Update 1, FireDAC and the SQLite. The SQLite versions shown at runtime on each platform are:

Win32: 3.8.3.1
Android: 3.7.11
iOS: 3.7.13

As I understand it, the SQLite system is built within my applications, so that must mean that a library is built by Embarcadero for deployment in apps. If all of this is correct, then Embarcadero must be shipping different versions of SQLite libraries for different platforms. Is this true? Should a SQLite database file be compatible across all of these version?
Phyllis Lang

Re: SQLite version mystery  
  Posted: Aug 30, 2014 4:58 AM   in response to: Phyllis Lang in response to: Phyllis Lang
The database opening problems are solved, but the question remains: is the SQLite system deployed as a part of the application? If so, it should be noted that different versions of SQLite are being distributed by Embarcadero for different platforms in CB XE6.
Antonio Estevez

Correct
  Posted: Aug 30, 2014 8:33 AM   in response to: Phyllis Lang in response to: Phyllis Lang
El 30/08/14 13:58, Phyllis Lang escribió:
The database opening problems are solved, but the question remains: is the SQLite system deployed as a part of the application?

No.
You must distribute the sqlite3.dll client library for Windows with your
application.
The client library is pre-installed on iOS and Android.

That's why you get different version values

If so, it should be noted that different versions of SQLite are being distributed by Embarcadero for different platforms in CB XE6.

Embarcadero doesn't distribute the client library but a "driver" which
interfaces between the application and the client library
Phyllis Lang

Posted: Sep 6, 2014 6:50 AM   in response to: Antonio Estevez in response to: Antonio Estevez
Thanks for the clarification between driver deployment and client libraries already present on mobile platforms. That makes sense.

I am not currently working with SQLite on Windows so I hadn't run into a problem there.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02