Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Unicode exception when moving from IW12 to IW14

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Sep 1, 2014 7:56 AM Last Post By: Eitan Arbel
Eitan Arbel

Unicode exception when moving from IW12 to IW14  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 30, 2014 6:11 AM
i get this exception error when ever i want to write data to a firebird db.
"No mapping for the Unicode character exists in the target multi-byte code page"

i tried to change the string in my write-function, to UnicodeString, but still the same error.
i also can't read the data properly.
i get some data, and some don't show up

i have 2 computers.
one computer have Delphi XE2, with IW12 (12.2.25), and the newer one is with Delphi XE6 with IW14 (14.0.32).
everything works fine on the IW12 PC, but i have these strange problems in my application, on the IW14 computer.

p.s.1 :
i'm writing this post without knowing if it will be added, because of this stupid none-working forum system...

p.s.2 :
i looked for this problem in this forum, but of course we can't make a proper search here.
(searching for the word :"unicode", returned 0 results...)

p.s.3 :
i have Delphi XE6 for about 4-5 months now, but i moved only now to XE6-IW14 because tms FINALLY updated the iw package for XE6's non-default iw version...

please help with this "...target multi-byte code page"

Thanks
C.H. Chiang

Re: Unicode exception when moving from IW12 to IW14  
  Posted: Aug 30, 2014 7:36 AM   in response to: Eitan Arbel in response to: Eitan Arbel
As NSA said, JAVA have great security problem. Over 60% malware are targeting in JAVA and there is no way to fix it. Warning all unit to abandon it.
Yeah, this forum is base on JAVA (and also Andriod too).

I guest no one can solve your problem directly. Its because there have a wide range on it. Like file format. DB code page, data crash, driver... . And unicode also have few format. You need to check all of the former and now.

God bless you!
Eitan Arbel

Re: Unicode exception when moving from IW12 to IW14  
  Posted: Sep 1, 2014 7:56 AM   in response to: C.H. Chiang in response to: C.H. Chiang
I guest no one can solve your problem directly. Its because there have a wide range on it. Like file format. DB code page, data crash, driver... . And unicode also have few format. You need to check all of the former and now.

ty for the reply Chiang, but my problem is that everything works fine in XE2 and IW12, so i don't know where the problem is.
is it in the XE6? or in iw14?

my database is firebird, but i just copied the settings and db file to the newer(xe6/iw14) computer, so i don't think the problem is in the firebird/db.

my DB code page is UTF8 on both iw12 and iw14 computers

thanks
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02