Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Noob here... Can anyone please help me...

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Aug 27, 2014 4:33 AM Last Post By: Warren Postma
Jan le Roux

Noob here... Can anyone please help me...  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 19, 2014 2:45 AM
To whom it may concern...

I've been using Delphi 5 and Delphi 7 ever since I can remember, but recently I had to upgrade to XE6 due to the fact that I want to use SOAP...

Now, my problem is as follow: I am developing an RFID project, which is working beautifully in Delphi 5, but in XE6, I need to bring the component in somehow, AND THAT IS MY PROBLEM!!! I don't know how to. Whatever I try is an epic failure!

I have the TLB as well as the DLL file... I can get the USES list to use it, but whenever I click SAVE, it asks if it can remove it, as the component does not exists. When I run the app, it compiles and run, but when I click the button that will access the routine required, it gives me an ACCESS VIOLATION error....

Kind regards,

Jan.

PS: Any help will be appreciated!
Ilya S

Re: Noob here... Can anyone please help me...  
  Posted: Aug 26, 2014 11:32 PM   in response to: Jan le Roux in response to: Jan le Roux
Jan le Roux wrote:

I have the TLB as well as the DLL file... I can get the USES list to use it, but whenever I click SAVE, it asks if it can remove it, as the component does not exists. When I run the app, it compiles and run, but when I click the button that will access the routine required, it gives me an ACCESS VIOLATION error....

Can this be related to the library import generator bug in IDE inserting NUL byte into the Helpfile: line of the output TLB file?
See https://plus.google.com/u/0/118054082623590344884/posts/Af9qTFZAMyf for details.
Warren Postma

Re: Noob here... Can anyone please help me...  
  Posted: Aug 27, 2014 4:33 AM   in response to: Jan le Roux in response to: Jan le Roux
I've been using Delphi 5 and Delphi 7 ever since I can remember, but recently I had to upgrade to XE6 due to the fact that I want to use SOAP...

So you have been stuck for a decade on a single version and have forgotten how to compile and install component packages?

http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/XE6/en/Installing_Component_Packages
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02