Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Scrollbox take control of swipe and disable moving to next Tab

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jul 7, 2014 1:19 PM Last Post By: Kris Houser
Heney S

Scrollbox take control of swipe and disable moving to next Tab
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 1:16 AM
I am using a TTabConrol and each tab contain a TScrollBox which contain a TRectangle Image .

TabControl is using Gesture - Left, Right .
ScrollBox is using Geture - Zoom.

I can swipe the tabs and zoom the image. But once the image is zoomed the scrollbox take control of swipe and disable moving to next tab.

Is it possible to disable swipe in scrollbox and pass swipe gesture to move to next tab?
Kris Houser

Re: Scrollbox take control of swipe and disable moving to next Tab
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jul 7, 2014 1:19 PM   in response to: Heney S in response to: Heney S
Heney S wrote:
I am using a TTabConrol and each tab contain a TScrollBox which contain a TRectangle Image .

TabControl is using Gesture - Left, Right .
ScrollBox is using Geture - Zoom.

I can swipe the tabs and zoom the image. But once the image is zoomed the scrollbox take control of swipe and disable moving to next tab.

Is it possible to disable swipe in scrollbox and pass swipe gesture to move to next tab?

Hello -

After conferring with Development, I can offer the following information and suggestions:

You cannot disable the scrolling of the TScrollBox. Because the top control is the one that gets the event first, if the top control handles the event, it does not pass the event further.

Typically, mobile apps that have this kind of behavior (zooming a picture and swiping to get to the next one, for example) have buttons or some kind of top bar to handle the swiping or changing or tabs when the picture is zoomed.

Also, consider using a different gesture (like double tap) to get the image to the un-zoomed version so that the TScrollBox won't need to scroll. This is what Photo Gallery does on some Samsung phones.

Many thanks -

Kris Houser
Lead Writer, RAD Studio
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02