Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Learning resources on C++ for iOS/Android/WinPhone

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 7:11 PM Last Post By: GAI CHEW KAI
Isaac Wilson

Learning resources on C++ for iOS/Android/WinPhone  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 27, 2014 10:37 AM
I'm new to native programming and was told that Embarcasero's RAD Studio is one of the best. I'd like to report to my boss that i can code in native C++ for cross platform on mobile, but I can't do that with just a few snippets of sample code and i'd rather not learn 3-4 different programming languages just for one mobile application. I've come here to ask if anyone has any resources or know of any books that i can get to start learning the native C++ code for the RAD Studio? I'd like to learn before my boss spends $4Gs+ getting the software, only to find nothing in resources for learning.
GAI CHEW KAI

Re: Learning resources on C++ for iOS/Android/WinPhone  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 30, 2014 7:11 PM   in response to: Isaac Wilson in response to: Isaac Wilson
+I've come here to ask if anyone has any resources or know of any books that i can get to start learning the native C++ code for the RAD Studio?+

- firstly, you have to test drive the trial version of CBXE 6.0
- secondly, there is no physical book or media, because C++ compiler, free bonus components and tools can be downloaded via registered user page and license manager ( eg. Mobile Addon pack ).
- lastly, you have to spend some time to explore and find the cross platform solutions with the help from moderators on this forum and online website, obviously the help documentation may not cover what you are looking for.

For Windows Phone, you have the best Microsoft Visual C/C++ compiler with XAML for WP8, where currently I am using it, not that difficult though.
Embarcadero WP development is scheduled to next year 2015 based on the roadmap.

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02