Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Handling Database Cloud Sync

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Jun 26, 2014 11:25 PM Last Post By: Eli M
brent shelton

Handling Database Cloud Sync  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 9:03 AM
How do you handle cloud database syncing? Lets say I have a cloud database like parse.com, a mobile client and a desktop client. The user with mobile may be on the road with no cellular connection so they need to store data locally until a connection is available. I was thinking about using GUID for the record primary key and a timestamp to track the latest change. The next time they have a connection, I could try to post the changes to Parse and update the timestamp. So I guess I would be posting the record twice always. Also, I think I need to autosync on program start up and have a sync button.

Is that the best way to do it?

Brent
Eli M

Re: Handling Database Cloud Sync  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 26, 2014 11:25 PM   in response to: brent shelton in response to: brent shelton
One way would be to create your own transaction log on the clients. Queue up the changes. When it has a connection run the transactions against the server.

There is also this component set:

http://www.fmxexpress.com/replicate-databases-with-this-component-suite-for-delphi-xe6-firemonkey-on-android-and-ios/
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02