Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: restresponsedatasetadapter does not use FieldDefs

Permlink Replies: 4 - Last Post: Mar 6, 2015 11:14 AM Last Post By: William Brookfi...
William Brookfi...

restresponsedatasetadapter does not use FieldDefs
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Jun 10, 2014 6:40 PM
Migrating an app built in XE5, ran into issue where the fielddefs defined on the restresponsedatasetadapter are not pushed into the attached dataset. This was working on XE5 but is now broken in XE6

In Xe5 the UpdateDataSet procedure in Rest.Response.adapter.pas would assign the fielddefs defined on the restresponsedatasetadapter to the attached dataset prior to loading the data from the restresponse.

In Xe6, The code for UpdateDataSet no longer uses the fielddefs, just makes all the fields FTString size 255.

I was able to get around the issue by using the BeforeOpenEvent on the restresponsedatasetadapter and assigning the fielddefs.

This is a major broken in my opinion.
William Brookfi...

Re: restresponsedatasetadapter does not use FieldDefs
  Posted: Jun 23, 2014 10:43 AM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
Really, No comments even from Team B

Hard to believe that I am the only user using the RestResponseDatasetAdapter.

William Brookfield wrote:
Migrating an app built in XE5, ran into issue where the fielddefs defined on the restresponsedatasetadapter are not pushed into the attached dataset. This was working on XE5 but is now broken in XE6

In Xe5 the UpdateDataSet procedure in Rest.Response.adapter.pas would assign the fielddefs defined on the restresponsedatasetadapter to the attached dataset prior to loading the data from the restresponse.

In Xe6, The code for UpdateDataSet no longer uses the fielddefs, just makes all the fields FTString size 255.

I was able to get around the issue by using the BeforeOpenEvent on the restresponsedatasetadapter and assigning the fielddefs.

Roar Grønmo

Posted: Mar 4, 2015 12:53 PM   in response to: William Brookfi... in response to: William Brookfi...
Hi !

I came upon your post, just now I am trying to figure out how restresponsedatasetadapter works, but the worst is that TeamB has no documentation in help topics for this function (at least not for Appmethod 1.15...).

Anyhow since your post is somehow old, did you figure it out ?

RG

Rudy Velthuis (...

Posted: Mar 5, 2015 8:45 AM   in response to: Roar Grønmo in response to: Roar Grønmo
Roar Grønmo wrote:

Hi !

I came upon your post, just now I am trying to figure out how
restresponsedatasetadapter works, but the worst is that TeamB has no
documentation in help topics for this function (at least not for
Appmethod 1.15...).

Just do people understand: TeamB has nothing of the kind. We don't
produce Delphi, nor do we write any help topics.

We are merely volunteers who like to help in these newsgroups and also
took on the task of moderating them a bit. We get some help and some
privileges from Embarcadero, but we are not Embarcadero. I, for
instance, am a dentist with a practice in Germany.
--
Rudy Velthuis (TeamB) http://www.rvelthuis.de

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence."
-- Source Unknown
William Brookfi...

Posted: Mar 6, 2015 11:14 AM   in response to: Roar Grønmo in response to: Roar Grønmo
Yes and No. I was able to get around the issue by using the BeforeOpenEvent on the restresponsedatasetadapter and assigning the fielddefs.

Roar Grønmo wrote:
Hi !

I came upon your post, just now I am trying to figure out how restresponsedatasetadapter works, but the worst is that TeamB has no documentation in help topics for this function (at least not for Appmethod 1.15...).

Anyhow since your post is somehow old, did you figure it out ?

RG

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02