Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Shape over MapShape

This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: May 31, 2014 4:42 PM Last Post By: Rolf Fankhauser Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Rolf Fankhauser

Shape over MapShape  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 31, 2014 2:45 PM
Hi all

I would like to create a page with an image (it is a map) where I can click some locations to show pictures from these locations.
The pictures should be shown in a second image or in a popup window.
My first problem is that I did not marked the locations in the map. So I put a Shape component (a blue circle) on the image to mark the location to click. But when I place the MapShape component behind the Shape component I cannot click the MapShape anymore. Is there a solution or should I edit the image (it's a bitmap) and draw the blue points directly on the bitmap in order to avoid the use of shapes?

Next problem: How can I set the ImageSource property of the second image (where I want to show the pictures) in the event handler of the OnClick event of MapShape:

function MapShape1Click(event) {
// image2.ImageSource = '085.JPG' in JavaScript ?
}

Thanks, Rolf
Rolf Fankhauser

Re: Shape over MapShape  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: May 31, 2014 4:42 PM   in response to: Rolf Fankhauser in response to: Rolf Fankhauser
I found a solution for the event handler:

$('#Image2').attr('src', '085.JPG');
}

shows the picture 085.JPG in Image2 after clicking on MapShape1.

I will solve the Shape over MapShape problem by drawing the blue circles directly to the image using a bitmap editor. Then I don't need the shapes.

Rolf Fankhauser wrote:
Hi all

I would like to create a page with an image (it is a map) where I can click some locations to show pictures from these locations.
The pictures should be shown in a second image or in a popup window.
My first problem is that I did not marked the locations in the map. So I put a Shape component (a blue circle) on the image to mark the location to click. But when I place the MapShape component behind the Shape component I cannot click the MapShape anymore. Is there a solution or should I edit the image (it's a bitmap) and draw the blue points directly on the bitmap in order to avoid the use of shapes?

Next problem: How can I set the ImageSource property of the second image (where I want to show the pictures) in the event handler of the OnClick event of MapShape:

// image2.ImageSource = '085.JPG' in JavaScript ?
}

Thanks, Rolf
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02