Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: In XE4 all frames are ignored for insertion

Permlink Replies: 13 - Last Post: Mar 21, 2018 6:14 AM Last Post By: Mario Werner Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Bujor Cristinel

In XE4 all frames are ignored for insertion
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Aug 1, 2013 8:56 AM
Although the frames are correctly inserted in the list of units (in dpr file at "uses" statement) when inserting a frame appears "No frames are available to insert. New frames may be created ...".

If I add frames into the project again then become visible to insertion.

This is different from the XE3 version.
angel sanchez

Re: In XE4 all frames are ignored for insertion
  Posted: Dec 19, 2013 5:47 AM   in response to: Bujor Cristinel in response to: Bujor Cristinel
Although the frames are correctly inserted in the list of units (in dpr file at "uses" statement) when inserting a frame appears "No frames are available to insert. New frames may be created ...".

Same bug in XE5 Update 1.
Boris Maisuradze

Posted: Jan 9, 2014 7:21 PM   in response to: angel sanchez in response to: angel sanchez
angel sanchez wrote:

Same bug in XE5 Update 1.

From my experience with XE5 Starter Edition this happens only when frame files and project files are in different directories. As soon as I move them all onto one folder the error is gone.
Tatang Sobarna

Posted: Jan 31, 2014 3:18 PM   in response to: Bujor Cristinel in response to: Bujor Cristinel
Bujor Cristinel wrote:

I'm using XE4 and face the same bug. I just to remove the frame from project and re-add it then the frame available to insert.
Jason Sweby

Posted: Apr 23, 2014 5:47 AM   in response to: Bujor Cristinel in response to: Bujor Cristinel
Same bug still occurs in Delphi XE6. And I have the frame unit in the same directory as the project files.

I now have a further problem that my main form, which contains an instance of the frame, now crashes the IDE in XE6 when closing the form.
Joe Pasquariello

Posted: Jun 10, 2014 12:06 PM   in response to: Bujor Cristinel in response to: Bujor Cristinel
I just ran into this issue on XE5 Update 1. This project was updated automatically from XE. The project builds under XE5 and runs fine, but clicking on Frames from the component menu and then on a form results in the error message "no frames available to insert". To fix the problem, I had to delete the frames from the form, remove them from the project, add them back to the project, and then add them back to the form.

Joe
richard fritz

Posted: Jul 17, 2014 9:17 AM   in response to: Joe Pasquariello in response to: Joe Pasquariello
Joe Pasquariello wrote:
I just ran into this issue on XE5 Update 1. This project was updated automatically from XE. The project builds under XE5 and runs fine, but clicking on Frames from the component menu and then on a form results in the error message "no frames available to insert". To fix the problem, I had to delete the frames from the form, remove them from the project, add them back to the project, and then add them back to the form.

Joe

Joe--thanks for that, it solved my identical problem (currently moving from D2007 to XE6). Richard
Krystian Bigaj

Posted: Nov 26, 2014 11:41 PM   in response to: Bujor Cristinel in response to: Bujor Cristinel
I had same problem after migration from D2009 to XE5.2

You can fix it by editing .dproj and add <FormType>dfm</FormType> to your frames (you can find frames by searching for <DesignClass>TFrame</DesignClass> ).

Change:
        <DCCReference Include="x\y\z\myFrame.pas">
            <Form>frameMy</Form>
            <DesignClass>TFrame</DesignClass>
        </DCCReference>

to:
        <DCCReference Include="x\y\z\myFrame.pas">
            <Form>frameMy</Form>
            <FormType>dfm</FormType>
            <DesignClass>TFrame</DesignClass>
        </DCCReference>
Várhegyi István

Posted: Feb 17, 2015 8:23 AM   in response to: Krystian Bigaj in response to: Krystian Bigaj
And same the problem after migration from XE to XE7 !!?
It's uncorrectable for EMB ?

The *Krystian*'s patch work perfect fortunately.
Scott Pinkham

Posted: Sep 25, 2015 5:20 PM   in response to: Várhegyi István in response to: Várhegyi István
I ran into this same issue in XE8 using Firemonkey, and adding a line like this for each frame in the DPROJ file worked:

<FormType>fmx</FormType> 

Thanks to Krystian for the idea.

Várhegyi István wrote:
And same the problem after migration from XE to XE7 !!?
It's uncorrectable for EMB ?

The *Krystian*'s patch work perfect fortunately.
Walter Matte

Posted: Jul 1, 2016 12:07 PM   in response to: Krystian Bigaj in response to: Krystian Bigaj
I had this problem with Delphi XE5 - and today with Delphi Seattle!!!
Christophe LACH

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 1:13 AM   in response to: Walter Matte in response to: Walter Matte
Walter Matte wrote:
I had this problem with Delphi XE5 - and today with Delphi Seattle!!!

I have this problem with Tokyo version !
I guess this occurs because we jumped from XE2 to Tokyo and bypassed intermediate versions project updates (not an excuse though).
Thoburn Piper

Posted: Dec 22, 2017 1:46 PM   in response to: Christophe LACH in response to: Christophe LACH
Christophe LACH wrote:

I guess this occurs because we jumped from XE2 to Tokyo and bypassed intermediate versions project updates (not an excuse though).

Me too (with Tokyo), but it has nothing to do with upgrading!

Frames don't work out of the box. Come ON EMB - QA your code rather than just dumping it on us!

I'm trying to use a frame because the BatchMove component doesn't work either!

You can create a frame but clicking on the frame component to add it to a form and selecting a frame yields an AV.

The only way I managed to get it to work is to add the frame to the palette. Then it can be added to the form.
Mario Werner

Posted: Mar 21, 2018 6:14 AM   in response to: Thoburn Piper in response to: Thoburn Piper
Thoburn Piper wrote:
Christophe LACH wrote:

Me too (with Tokyo), but it has nothing to do with upgrading!

Frames don't work out of the box. Come ON EMB - QA your code rather than just dumping it on us!

I'm trying to use a frame because the BatchMove component doesn't work either!

You can create a frame but clicking on the frame component to add it to a form and selecting a frame yields an AV.

The only way I managed to get it to work is to add the frame to the palette. Then it can be added to the form.

Problem still exists in DX 10.2
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02