Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: How can I change the link for a module in BCB 2007?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Apr 23, 2018 8:26 PM Last Post By: Alex Belo Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Robert Byers

How can I change the link for a module in BCB 2007?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 23, 2018 11:09 AM
Hi

I opened a module "BadSN" from program A while working on program B sometime back. I just made a change in program A and get the following message when linking: Module 'BadSN' links to module MainForm which cannot be found in the current project. Do you wish to remove/redirect the links to another module? .... Yes/No/Cancel.

The linker error message is: [MSBuild Error] The "ILINK32" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8000FFFF): Catastrophic failure (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8000FFFF (E_UNEXPECTED))
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.IBCBuildHostObject.ILinkAliasVFSFile(String fileName, String& tempFilename)
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.ILINK32.GetCommandLine()
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.GenerateCommandLineCommands()
at Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolTask.Execute()
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Common.BaseTask.Execute()
at Borland.Build.Tasks.Cpp.ILINK32.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound)

I've had this happen before, and clicking Yes always gave me the opportunity to "fix" the problem. This time I am NOT getting an opportunity to fix. I can no longer compile and link the problem. Have looked through the project file, but didn't see a way to fix the issue. Even cleaning the program doesn't help ... the clean process gives me the same message. I have tried removing the module from the program, deleting its obj file, and adding it back to the program. Nothing seems to help.
Alex Belo

Re: How can I change the link for a module in BCB 2007?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 23, 2018 8:26 PM   in response to: Robert Byers in response to: Robert Byers
Robert Byers wrote:

I opened a module "BadSN" from program A while working on program B
sometime back. I just made a change in program A and get the
following message when linking: Module 'BadSN' links to module
MainForm which cannot be found in the current project.

Possible actions:

1) make sure that this module compiles and links in "good" project

2) check paths in project options

3) try to recreate the project (create a new project and add needed
files)

Also linker always had some quirks and perhaps you found another one...

--
Alex
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02