Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Compiler and debug problem in C++ Builder Tokyo 10.2 Update 3

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 0. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Apr 24, 2018 4:42 AM Last Post By: Yves Depreitere Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Petri Parviainen

Compiler and debug problem in C++ Builder Tokyo 10.2 Update 3  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 23, 2018 7:54 AM
Hello

I have project group with several projects and I have forty+ own classes which I use in all those projects.
Suddenly one of the project gives me Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x error and doesn't work correctly anymore.
Other projects in group works correctly for a while but now I have situation that non of them works correctly anymore, nice.
I had this same problem also in Berlin some time ago but I don't remember/know anymore how do I fix it.
I have search and try some advice which I have found but non of them work.
This seems to be quite big problem and there are no good solution to fix this?
Thanks in advance for your help.
-br-
Petri
John Gray

Re: Compiler and debug problem in C++ Builder Tokyo 10.2 Update 3
Helpful
  Posted: Apr 23, 2018 9:11 AM   in response to: Petri Parviainen in response to: Petri Parviainen
This sounds like a similar problem I was experiencing with 10.2.3... The following patch fixed it for me:

C++Builder 10.2.3 C++ Compiler 4k Stack Allocation Patch

You can get it at the registered users downloads web page.

John
Petri Parviainen

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 9:39 AM   in response to: John Gray in response to: John Gray
Thanks for the hint.
I already has downloaded and copied those files but no luck.
I believe that it has to be some kind of memory problem because depending on compiler and linker settings it appears different places.
i.e
if(!CheckFormOpen("fmxSettings"))
Application->CreateForm(__classid(TfmxSettings), &fmxSettings);
or
labelLogon1->Text = ADS->Language.RetLoginListItem(3) + " " + ADS->System.RetCurrentUser();
and so.

Any other clues?
Yves Depreitere

Helpful
  Posted: Apr 23, 2018 1:51 PM   in response to: Petri Parviainen in response to: Petri Parviainen
Petri Parviainen wrote:
Thanks for the hint.
I already has downloaded and copied those files but no luck.
I believe that it has to be some kind of memory problem because depending on compiler and linker settings it appears different places.
i.e
if(!CheckFormOpen("fmxSettings"))
Application->CreateForm(__classid(TfmxSettings), &fmxSettings);
or
labelLogon1->Text = ADS->Language.RetLoginListItem(3) + " " + ADS->System.RetCurrentUser();
and so.

Any other clues?

Same problem here with one project.
I "solved" it by simply moving one file to the first position in the build order
Hoping to find a better solution though.

Greetings,
Yveske
Petri Parviainen

Posted: Apr 23, 2018 11:16 PM   in response to: Yves Depreitere in response to: Yves Depreitere
Hello Yveske and thanks for this info and sorry to hear that you also have these kind of problems

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I change build order for some files and it didn't work. I have over 60 files in one the project and I feel little bit frustrating to try different build order.
Now I have situation that one project works somehow correctly.
But when I have following lines in startup of program
if(CURRENT_PROGRAM_TYPE != SERVER)
SystemMessages->Add(Now().DateTimeString() + " Client " + Language.RetPLCListItem(4)); // started
SystemMessages->Add(Now().DateTimeString() + " Start to read symbols");
Mainform is not created and I get following error
Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x0061281d: read of address 0x0000732c'
When I rem those lines program seems to be worked correctly (without any errors) and yes I have debug this and values are correct.

Every hint is appreciate.
Yves Depreitere

Posted: Apr 24, 2018 4:42 AM   in response to: Petri Parviainen in response to: Petri Parviainen
Petri Parviainen wrote:
Hello Yveske and thanks for this info and sorry to hear that you also have these kind of problems

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I change build order for some files and it didn't work. I have over 60 files in one the project and I feel little bit frustrating to try different build order.
Now I have situation that one project works somehow correctly.
But when I have following lines in startup of program
if(CURRENT_PROGRAM_TYPE != SERVER)
SystemMessages->Add(Now().DateTimeString() + " Client " + Language.RetPLCListItem(4)); // started
SystemMessages->Add(Now().DateTimeString() + " Start to read symbols");
Mainform is not created and I get following error
Exception class $C0000005 with message 'access violation at 0x0061281d: read of address 0x0000732c'
When I rem those lines program seems to be worked correctly (without any errors) and yes I have debug this and values are correct.

Every hint is appreciate.

Sorry, can't help you with this one.
I stumbled onto this quick "fix" by pure chance and can't even guarantee this will work after a minor change in our code.
Was hoping to get some pointers about things to try/look out for myself

Greetings,
Yveske
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02