Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: TIBEvents and Firewall issue

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 20, 2018 3:34 PM Last Post By: Jeff Overcash (... Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Marco Andreolli

TIBEvents and Firewall issue
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 19, 2018 1:29 AM
Hi,
I'm planning to use Firebird Events, this is a very nice features and works very well.

My problem now is Window Firewall....
If Windows Firewall block every TCP ports exept 3050 (default port), when i register the event the application will be blocked...

There is a method to test registration and avoid to stuck the application if the firewall block the opening of the ports?
Elton Barbosa

Re: TIBEvents and Firewall issue
  Posted: Apr 19, 2018 6:45 AM   in response to: Marco Andreolli in response to: Marco Andreolli
Marco Andreolli wrote:
Hi,
I'm planning to use Firebird Events, this is a very nice features and works very well.

If Windows Firewall block every TCP ports exept 3050 (default port), when i register the event the application will be blocked...

There is a method to test registration and avoid to stuck the application if the firewall block the opening of the ports?

If your server is configured to a specific port maybe you could add the registration of the port when installing the application. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff956124(v=vs.85).aspx
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: TIBEvents and Firewall issue
  Posted: Apr 20, 2018 3:34 PM   in response to: Marco Andreolli in response to: Marco Andreolli
On 4/19/2018 4:29 AM, Marco Andreolli wrote:
Hi,

You will have to ask the firebird people if events go on a different port than
needs opening. The event API does not allow for setting the port and IB events
go on the same port as the connection so if it isn't working the FB people will
be in a better spot to tell you what to open.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02