Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013



Permlink Replies: 7 - Last Post: Apr 20, 2018 5:57 AM Last Post By: Todor Geshev Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Todor Geshev

Posts: 14
Registered: 10/1/00
Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 13, 2018 1:34 AM
If newest version of VC Runtime 2013 is installed on machine silent install never finished trying to install yours version of VCRT...
Dan Palley

Posts: 43
Registered: 2/14/00
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 15, 2018 12:37 PM   in response to: Todor Geshev in response to: Todor Geshev
Is this on Windows 10 creators edition?

Dan

Todor Geshev wrote:
If newest version of VC Runtime 2013 is installed on machine silent install never finished trying to install yours version of VCRT...
Todor Geshev

Posts: 14
Registered: 10/1/00
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 16, 2018 1:11 AM   in response to: Dan Palley in response to: Dan Palley
Dan Palley wrote:
Is this on Windows 10 creators edition?

Dan

Todor Geshev wrote:
If newest version of VC Runtime 2013 is installed on machine silent install never finished trying to install yours version of VCRT...

These complaints from customers who have been submitted to me are with the latest version of 10. I do not know about a problem with server versions
Sriram Balasubr...

Posts: 132
Registered: 10/19/99
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 22, 2018 4:07 PM   in response to: Todor Geshev in response to: Todor Geshev
Can you put in a Quality Portal request for this please? Please include any detail on what version (including build number) of Windows 10 you are using, whether GA version or Insider Preview etc.

In another instance we have heard of a developer observing the same problem; but, when he rebooted the system (or terminated the installer via Task Manager), he was able to start InterBase successfully. I wonder if the VS 2013 (new) runtime you have installed on your system is somehow blocking the VS 2013 runtime (perhaps older than yours) that we try to install with InterBase.

Best wishes,
Sriram

Todor Geshev wrote:
Dan Palley wrote:
Is this on Windows 10 creators edition?

Dan

Todor Geshev wrote:
If newest version of VC Runtime 2013 is installed on machine silent install never finished trying to install yours version of VCRT...

These complaints from customers who have been submitted to me are with the latest version of 10. I do not know about a problem with server versions
Todor Geshev

Posts: 14
Registered: 10/1/00
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2018 1:19 AM   in response to: Todor Geshev in response to: Todor Geshev
There is report https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/IBP-71

Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.309
Sriram Balasubr...

Posts: 132
Registered: 10/19/99
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 23, 2018 5:13 PM   in response to: Todor Geshev in response to: Todor Geshev
ok; thanks!

Todor Geshev wrote:
There is report https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/IBP-71

Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.309
Dan Palley

Posts: 43
Registered: 2/14/00
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 26, 2018 2:35 PM   in response to: Sriram Balasubr... in response to: Sriram Balasubr...
We are seeing a similar issue on both IB_INSTALL.EXE and ODBCINSTALL.EXE on windows 10 Creators edition (10.0.16299.125).

When launching either install directly (not in silent mode), we click Finish on the last screen and the process still shows running in task manager.

Dan

Sriram Balasubramanian wrote:
ok; thanks!

Todor Geshev wrote:
There is report https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/IBP-71

Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Version: 1709
OS Build: 16299.309
Todor Geshev

Posts: 14
Registered: 10/1/00
Re: Silent install Interbase 2017 and VC2013
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 20, 2018 5:57 AM   in response to: Todor Geshev in response to: Todor Geshev
Any news ?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02