Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: "No provisioning profile found" for iOS Application store

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 16, 2018 7:20 AM Last Post By: Michael Leahy Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Michael Leahy

"No provisioning profile found" for iOS Application store  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 15, 2018 4:18 PM
Delphi 10.2.3

In Project Options when the Build Type: is set to iOS Device - 64 bit - Application Store,
the Provision Profile: is set to <Use environment options (Auto)>
the Developer Certificate: is set to "<Auto> - To Select a certificate, first select a valid provision profile"

Below that it says,
The following error has been detected:
No provisioning profile found for the selected build configuration and the selected device "My iPad"
Please log in to the iOS Developer Program to download the provisioning profile for the selected build
configuration and the selected device.

The steps (below) have worked before but it fails intermittently and is failing now.

I have logged in to the Developer Program and created and downloaded a provisioning profile (with cert) for distribution to the application store.
Once downloaded to the Mac, I double click on it and Xcode opens.
In Xcode, I visit Preferences... and I click on the "Download Manual Profiles" button.

Is there a way to see which provisioning profiles are installed?

Back in Delphi nothing changes. The same error says that "No provisioning profile found..."
Dave Nottage

Re: "No provisioning profile found" for iOS Application store  
  Posted: Apr 16, 2018 7:03 AM   in response to: Michael Leahy in response to: Michael Leahy
Michael Leahy wrote:

Back in Delphi nothing changes. The same error says that "No provisioning profile found..."

Have you made sure that the CFBundleIdentifier property in the Version Info of the Project Options matches the ID of
the App ID in the Apple developer portal that is used in the provisioning profile?

The profiles are typically located in:

/Users/<loginname>/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

Where <loginname> is your user name on the Mac. You can access the folder by using Finder by clicking the Go menu item,
then Go to Folder, and entering that folder path.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Find hints, tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com
Michael Leahy

Re: "No provisioning profile found" for iOS Application store  
  Posted: Apr 16, 2018 7:20 AM   in response to: Dave Nottage in response to: Dave Nottage
Dave Nottage wrote:
Michael Leahy wrote:

Have you made sure that the CFBundleIdentifier property in the Version Info of the Project Options matches the ID of
the App ID in the Apple developer portal that is used in the provisioning profile?

The profiles are typically located in:

/Users/<loginname>/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles

Where <loginname> is your user name on the Mac. You can access the folder by using Finder by clicking the Go menu item,
then Go to Folder, and entering that folder path.

--
Dave Nottage [MVP, TeamB]
Find hints, tips and tricks at Delphi Worlds blog: http://www.delphiworlds.com

Yes, I've learned to only use the profile(s) created with the exact CFBundleIdentifier of com.bookup.chessopeningswizard.
The project hasn't changed and it occasionally(!) does find the profile and create an .ipa file.

I tried renaming the ~Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles folder which has worked in the past but this time Apple's
developer area is telling me I have too many certificates.

If I delete the development certificate with the matching App ID, I can sometimes get it to create an .ipa for the Application store but then I can't deploy to the iPad.
So then I have to delete the distribution certificate to get a provisioning profile and certificate that allows me to deploy to the iPad.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02