Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Registration limit

This question is answered.

Permlink Replies: 3 - Last Post: Apr 9, 2018 12:38 PM Last Post By: quinn wildman
Jeff Williams

Registration limit  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 5:55 AM
Does anyone know what the registration limit is for Interbase installs ? I ask because I’m considering installing Interbase on an EC2 instance, and I need to know how many times I would be able to upgrade the instance before I have to buy another Server and extra user licenses. Is it three installs like Rad Studio ?
Jeff Overcash (...

Re: Registration limit  
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 10:12 AM   in response to: Jeff Williams in response to: Jeff Williams
On 4/9/2018 8:55 AM, Jeff Williams wrote:
Does anyone know what the registration limit is for Interbase installs ? I ask because I’m considering installing Interbase on an EC2 instance, and I need to know how many times I would be able to upgrade the instance before I have to buy another Server and extra user licenses. Is it three installs like Rad Studio ?

I think the developers license is 2 installs, but like RAD Studio you can ask
for that limit to be bumped up if you have hit the limit.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
(Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You)
Learning is finding out what you already know. Doing is demonstrating that you
know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know it as well as you. We are
all leaners, doers, teachers. (R Bach)
Jeff Williams

Posted: Apr 9, 2018 10:46 AM   in response to: Jeff Overcash (... in response to: Jeff Overcash (...
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote:
On 4/9/2018 8:55 AM, Jeff Williams wrote:

I think the developers license is 2 installs, but like RAD Studio you can ask
for that limit to be bumped up if you have hit the limit.

I don't care about the developer installs, it's about the Server 2017 installs. I'm guessing that it's three but it would be nice to know for sure. I know you can ask for a registration bump, but I also know from my own personal experience that sometimes Embarcadero says no to a reg bump and you end up having to buy the product again. I'm not averse to having to purchase another Server licence and the associated extra user licences. It would just be nice to know what I have to work with so I can plan how much I need to increase my EC2 capacity at each jump before I run out of available registrations.
quinn wildman

Correct
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 12:38 PM   in response to: Jeff Williams in response to: Jeff Williams
Jeff Williams wrote:
know you can ask for a registration bump, but I also know from my own personal experience that sometimes Embarcadero says no to a reg bump and you end up having to buy the product again. I'm not averse to having to purchase another Server licence and the associated extra user licences.

The registration limit for some versions is 3, others 5. The only way to
know for sure is to create a support case and ask.

No to registration bumps has been a very, very rare thing in the past.

---
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
http://www.avg.com
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02