Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!



Permlink Replies: 6 - Last Post: Apr 10, 2018 8:59 AM Last Post By: Olivier Sannier Threads: [ Previous | Next ]
Roy Lambert

Posts: 40
Registered: 10/21/99
SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 5:29 AM
Weird one - I'm trying to run an app on another PC and I'm getting the above error. The comms is via Synapse.

Both PCs are W7x64. I've placed a test project which will just logon to Gmail on to the problem PC and it bombs with "SSL/TLS support is not compiled!". Run the same app on a different PC, accessing the problem PC over the LAN and loading from there and it works fine.

I'm obviously doing something very simple and very stupid wrong - does anyone have an idea what?

Roy Lambert

Olivier Sannier

Posts: 424
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 8:32 AM   in response to: Roy Lambert in response to: Roy Lambert
Roy Lambert wrote:
Weird one - I'm trying to run an app on another PC and I'm getting the above error. The comms is via Synapse.

Both PCs are W7x64. I've placed a test project which will just logon to Gmail on to the problem PC and it bombs with "SSL/TLS support is not compiled!". Run the same app on a different PC, accessing the problem PC over the LAN and loading from there and it works fine.

I'm obviously doing something very simple and very stupid wrong - does anyone have an idea what?

Just ran into that one today, it's libeay.dll and ssleay.dll that are
missing.
It worked on my computer because I have SVN installed and placed in the
path, and bingo, it embeds those two dlls
Roy Lambert

Posts: 40
Registered: 10/21/99
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 8:49 AM   in response to: Olivier Sannier in response to: Olivier Sannier
Olivier

If correct that's weirder because I've placed those in the application directory.

Roy Lambert

Olivier Sannier

Posts: 424
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 8:51 AM   in response to: Roy Lambert in response to: Roy Lambert
Roy Lambert wrote:
Olivier

If correct that's weirder because I've placed those in the application directory.


Well, in my case, the DLLs were required by another DLL that was placed
with them in a directory that is not the one from the exe. So I had to
to this

procedure SetupOpenSSLDLLName;
var
ModulePath: string;
begin
ModulePath :=
ExcludeTrailingPathDelimiter(ExtractFilePath(GetModuleName(HInstance)));
if ModulePath <> '' then
begin
// use the OpenSSL DLLs from the itdownload.dll path instead of the
ones from system folders
SetDllDirectory(PChar(ModulePath));
DestroySSLInterface;
end;
end;

The part about destroying the SSL instance is important because without
this it would not use those from the folder where the DLL is located
Roy Lambert

Posts: 40
Registered: 10/21/99
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 9, 2018 11:44 PM   in response to: Olivier Sannier in response to: Olivier Sannier
Olivier

That makes sense. My thought is its Windows or hardware related and I have yet to figure out a way to compare two machines and spot the differences :(

Roy Lambert

Olivier Sannier

Posts: 424
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 10, 2018 8:59 AM   in response to: Roy Lambert in response to: Roy Lambert
Roy Lambert wrote:
Olivier

That makes sense. My thought is its Windows or hardware related and I have yet to figure out a way to compare two machines and spot the differences :(


ProcessExplorer can tell you which DLL a process has loaded, this helped
me figure out where the undesired DLLs came from.
Olivier Sannier

Posts: 424
Registered: 8/26/01
Re: SSL/TLS support is not compiled!
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 10, 2018 8:58 AM   in response to: Olivier Sannier in response to: Olivier Sannier
Olivier Sannier wrote:
Roy Lambert wrote:
Olivier

If correct that's weirder because I've placed those in the application directory.


Well, in my case, the DLLs were required by another DLL that was placed
with them in a directory that is not the one from the exe. So I had to
to this

procedure SetupOpenSSLDLLName;
var
ModulePath: string;
begin
ModulePath :=
ExcludeTrailingPathDelimiter(ExtractFilePath(GetModuleName(HInstance)));
if ModulePath <> '' then
begin
// use the OpenSSL DLLs from the itdownload.dll path instead of the
ones from system folders
SetDllDirectory(PChar(ModulePath));
DestroySSLInterface;
end;
end;

The part about destroying the SSL instance is important because without
this it would not use those from the folder where the DLL is located

Oh, and I had to repeat the initialization part, so basically, in the
above code, add these two lines after DestroySSLInterface:

if InitSSLInterface then
SSLImplementation := TSSLOpenSSL;

Without this, the global variable may not be set and this is what
triggers the error message you are seeing.

And finally, this was not working in my particular case because the
above code was called before the OpenSSL dlls were created on disk,
which was an error on my side.

Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02