Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Preventing/dealing with multiview mode

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 1 - Last Post: Mar 2, 2017 10:47 AM Last Post By: Markus Humm
Markus Humm

Preventing/dealing with multiview mode  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 2, 2017 4:08 AM
Hello,

today I tested some app I'm developing with Berlin Upd. 2 on a Sony Z4 tablet with Android 7.
If I press the right Android navigation button a bit longer the device splits the screen 2 two areas
and thus shows two apps simultaneously.

Unfortunatelly my app doesn't like this and is being terminated or terminates itsself.

I didn't find any setting on this Sony device to disable the splitt screen button function.
I found some Android Manifest setting here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37311145/how-can-i-disable-multiwindow-mode-for-an-activity-in-android-n

But every time I try to add this to the manifest template either for the entire app or for the activity (FMX apps
only have one activity) and press F9 to test it on a device (in this case a Nexus 4 to ensure the setting doesn't
have negative effects on older verions) I get a "pa client exited with code 1" failure. When I remove the line from
the manifest template and press F9 everything works as it did before.

Any hints/advice?

We already searched for an app to disable the feature on the Z4, but we only found one for Galaxy S7 which
had no effect on the Z4.

Greetings

Markus
Markus Humm

Re: Preventing/dealing with multiview mode  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 2, 2017 10:47 AM   in response to: Markus Humm in response to: Markus Humm
Hello,

I reported this as

https://quality.embarcadero.com/browse/RSP-16986

along with a small sample app.

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02