Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Need help installing Android SDK Manager and other tools for it.

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Apr 24, 2015 10:29 AM Last Post By: john lmast
john lmast

Need help installing Android SDK Manager and other tools for it.  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Apr 23, 2015 1:33 PM
Hello. I have not been able to get into these forum boards for several weeks. Finally, I am here. So, i hope some reads this and can help soon, before I am unable to get through again for a long time. Thank you.

I started out with the delphi xe7 trial, and after some time, i decided to purchase the XE7 Professional. That was back in mid December/2014.

Today, I am still developing VCL apps with the XE7 Pro. And, my talents were recently discovered and long story short, people are now looking for me to develop mobile apps (for android tablets). however, I also discovered that my original installation did not install all the necessary components or file or tools or folders or combination of things to get me developing Android apps. I've been searching for the last week how to fix this, but can not find the necessary info i am looking for, though mainly because i don't know what exactly to look for let alone to fix. I've tried some many things and all i've been able to do was add/remove/re-install and in the process, possibly make things worse. I am dying over here. And to be honest, I don't know what i'm doing.

Can someone please, help me fix this problem. I don't know exactly what to give you now, but if you ask me any questions, i will answer all of them. By now, I am desperate for help. Thank you.
Lajos Juhasz

Re: Need help installing Android SDK Manager and other tools for it.  
  Posted: Apr 23, 2015 10:14 PM   in response to: john lmast in response to: john lmast
john lmast wrote:

Can someone please, help me fix this problem. I don't know exactly
what to give you now, but if you ask me any questions, i will answer
all of them. By now, I am desperate for help. Thank you.

I am afraid to develop a mobile application using the Professional you
will have to buy also the Mobile pack.
john lmast

Re: Need help installing Android SDK Manager and other tools for it.  
  Posted: Apr 24, 2015 10:27 AM   in response to: Lajos Juhasz in response to: Lajos Juhasz
Lajos Juhasz wrote:
john lmast wrote:

Can someone please, help me fix this problem. I don't know exactly
what to give you now, but if you ask me any questions, i will answer
all of them. By now, I am desperate for help. Thank you.

I am afraid to develop a mobile application using the Professional you
will have to buy also the Mobile pack.

I thought i posted this help question in the wrong place, so i I replied to my original thread over here: https://forums.embarcadero.com/message.jspa?messageID=697265#697265

but to answer you, i did purchase the Mobile pack, that and fireDAC. Hopefully, I gave out enough info over there in that link. I took extra time to backtrack my steps and write about my problem. With this board mostly down, its depressing and all I can think about now, is getting my money back and go with another product where I can get help fast and not wait weeks for a response. Otherwise, I really need the answers to get this working. If you can help, that would be great. I'm desperate now. Thank you.

Edited by: john lmast on Apr 24, 2015 10:28 AM

Edited by: john lmast on Apr 24, 2015 10:29 AM
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02