Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

Please visit our new home
community.embarcadero.com.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: FMXreport no longer ships with Seattle 10?

This question is not answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.

Permlink Replies: 2 - Last Post: Nov 4, 2015 9:53 AM Last Post By: Markus Humm
D Leon

FMXreport no longer ships with Seattle 10?  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Nov 4, 2015 4:37 AM
I was going to upgrade XE7 to Seattle 10, but then noticed X10 does not include fmxreport - what is the point of having firemonkey to compile for OSX without a reporting engine? After spending thousands of dollars upgrading from Turbo pascal to countless delphi packages (Pascal for Windows, Delphi, 3, 4, 2007, 2010, XE3, XE4, XE6, XE7 Enterprise, spending countless hours converting code from vcl to firemonkey as midaconverter leaves a lot to be desired, and blurring my eyes over converting quickreport, to ravereport, to fastreport, to fmxreport for firemonkey and now in I see XE10, fmxreport is not even included in the package? Hopefully I am wrong on this, but if it is true, that means we not only have to pay $1,600 (again) to go from XE7 to XE10, then pay another $300 to fastreport for fmxreport or worse, pay $1,700 for the rad studio package? I cannot imagine XE10 Enterprise would not include a printengine for firemonkey? Please tell me I am wrong and that fmxreport, or some other firemonkey printengine, is included in XE10. Thank you.

Edited by: D Leon on Nov 4, 2015 5:10 AM
Mike Margerum

Re: FMXreport no longer ships with Seattle 10? [Edit]  
  Posted: Nov 4, 2015 8:21 AM   in response to: D Leon in response to: D Leon
On 11/4/15 8:10 AM, D Leon wrote:
I was going to upgrade XE7 to Seattle 10, but then noticed X10 does not include fmxreport - what is the point of having firemonkey to compile for OSX without a reporting engine? After spending thousands of dollars upgrading from Turbo pascal to countless delphi packages (Pascal for Windows, Delphi, 3, 4, 2007, 2010, XE3, XE4, XE6, XE7 Enterprise, spending countless hours converting code from vcl to firemonkey as midaconverter leaves a lot to be desired, and blurring my eyes over converting quickreport, t
o ravereport, to fastreport, to fmxreport for firemonkey and now in I see XE10, fmxreport is not even included in the package? Hopefully I am wrong on this, but if it is true, that means we not only have to pay $1,600 (again) to go from XE7 to XE10, then pay another $300 to fastreport for fmxreport or worse, pay $1,700 for the rad studio package? I cannot imagine XE10 Enterprise would not include a printengine for firemonkey? Please tell me I am wrong and that fmxreport, or some other firemonkey printe
ngine, is included in XE10. Thank you.

I think you have to go to

http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg/delphi

and download it
Markus Humm

Re: FMXreport no longer ships with Seattle 10? [Edit]  
  Posted: Nov 4, 2015 9:53 AM   in response to: Mike Margerum in response to: Mike Margerum
Am 04.11.2015 um 17:21 schrieb Mike Margerum:
On 11/4/15 8:10 AM, D Leon wrote:
I was going to upgrade XE7 to Seattle 10, but then noticed X10 does not include fmxreport - what is the point of having firemonkey to compile for OSX without a reporting engine? After spending thousands of dollars upgrading from Turbo pascal to countless delphi packages (Pascal for Windows, Delphi, 3, 4, 2007, 2010, XE3, XE4, XE6, XE7 Enterprise, spending countless hours converting code from vcl to firemonkey as midaconverter leaves a lot to be desired, and blurring my eyes over converting quickreport,
t
o ravereport, to fastreport, to fmxreport for firemonkey and now in I see XE10, fmxreport is not even included in the package? Hopefully I am wrong on this, but if it is true, that means we not only have to pay $1,600 (again) to go from XE7 to XE10, then pay another $300 to fastreport for fmxreport or worse, pay $1,700 for the rad studio package? I cannot imagine XE10 Enterprise would not include a printengine for firemonkey? Please tell me I am wrong and that fmxreport, or some other firemonkey prin
te
ngine, is included in XE10. Thank you.

I think you have to go to

http://cc.embarcadero.com/myreg/delphi

and download it

Yes. It's just no longer in the main installer but it's either available
via CC or on your registered user's download website.

Greetings

Markus
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02