Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.


Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise


This question is answered. Helpful answers available: 2. Correct answers available: 1.


Permlink Replies: 10 - Last Post: Mar 1, 2018 4:32 AM Last Post By: Daniel Bolliger
Daniel Bolliger

Posts: 6
Registered: 4/4/02
Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 16, 2018 9:32 AM
After installation of Intraweb, Intraweb options are not available in the Delphi IDE.

Under > Component > Packages the package 'Intraweb 14.0 Design Package for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo' is deselected and can't be selected.
The following error message appears:

Package 'Intraweb_14_D10_2' can't be loaded. It contains the unit 'IW.Common.Threads', which is also in 'IWJclCompileTest_D2010'.
Eitan Arbel

Posts: 508
Registered: 2/24/13
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 18, 2018 3:22 AM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
do you have it in the search path?
it should be there, but if not, does it help to add it?
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 18, 2018 10:09 PM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
Daniel Bolliger wrote:
After installation of Intraweb, Intraweb options are not available in the Delphi IDE.

Under > Component > Packages the package 'Intraweb 14.0 Design Package for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo' is deselected and can't be selected.
The following error message appears:

Package 'Intraweb_14_D10_2' can't be loaded. It contains the unit 'IW.Common.Threads', which is also in 'IWJclCompileTest_D2010'.

Try to run IntraWeb Bundled Removal Tool

Instructions: https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/bundled/removal-tool/

Direct download link: http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/IWBundledRemovalTool.zip

Check the option to remove IntraWeb Packages as well.

After running it, please install IntraWeb again. See if it works. Seems that you have an old design time package installed on your Delphi IDE.
Daniel Bolliger

Posts: 6
Registered: 4/4/02
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 19, 2018 2:48 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Did run the Bundled Removal Tool (from the beginning)
did also unistal reinstall cycles, but still no success
the intraweb is not installed:
(Help > info > Installed products: no entry of iw

However, on another machine the installation of iw14 was possible without any problems.

So for now it is not clear to me wat would be the difference of the two installations:
same Delphi; similar setup; one pc win10 (good) onother win7 (less good)

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Daniel Bolliger wrote:
After installation of Intraweb, Intraweb options are not available in the Delphi IDE.

Under > Component > Packages the package 'Intraweb 14.0 Design Package for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo' is deselected and can't be selected.
The following error message appears:

Package 'Intraweb_14_D10_2' can't be loaded. It contains the unit 'IW.Common.Threads', which is also in 'IWJclCompileTest_D2010'.

Try to run IntraWeb Bundled Removal Tool

Instructions: https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/bundled/removal-tool/

Direct download link: http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/IWBundledRemovalTool.zip

Check the option to remove IntraWeb Packages as well.

After running it, please install IntraWeb again. See if it works. Seems that you have an old design time package installed on your Delphi IDE.
Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 5:26 AM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
In the list of design time pkgs, is IntraWeb listed but unchecked?

On 2/19/2018 6:48 AM, Daniel Bolliger wrote:
Did run the Bundled Removal Tool (from the beginning)
did also unistal reinstall cycles, but still no success
the intraweb is not installed:
(Help > info > Installed products: no entry of iw

However, on another machine the installation of iw14 was possible without any problems.

So for now it is not clear to me wat would be the difference of the two installations:
same Delphi; similar setup; one pc win10 (good) onother win7 (less good)

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Daniel Bolliger wrote:
After installation of Intraweb, Intraweb options are not available in the Delphi IDE.

Under > Component > Packages the package 'Intraweb 14.0 Design Package for RAD Studio 10.2 Tokyo' is deselected and can't be selected.
The following error message appears:

Package 'Intraweb_14_D10_2' can't be loaded. It contains the unit 'IW.Common.Threads', which is also in 'IWJclCompileTest_D2010'.

Try to run IntraWeb Bundled Removal Tool

Instructions: https://www.atozed.com/intraweb/bundled/removal-tool/

Direct download link: http://downloads.atozed.com/intraweb/IWBundledRemovalTool.zip

Check the option to remove IntraWeb Packages as well.

After running it, please install IntraWeb again. See if it works. Seems that you have an old design time package installed on your Delphi IDE.
Daniel Bolliger

Posts: 6
Registered: 4/4/02
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 6:16 AM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
Yes Intraweb was listed but unchecked (uncheckable)

But now it seem i found the culprit:
There was another package installed "IWJclCompileTest_D2010"
After removing that package, IntraWeb could be checked and was installed.

Still, after that a had a few crashes on startup of the IDE:
seemingly the IDE tried to install IntraWeb twice - (due to Tools > Options > Environment Options > Options for Autosave "Project Desktop" checked !?!)

Anyhow, the IDE is stable now and IntraWeb is usable again

Best regards

Chad Hower wrote:
In the list of design time pkgs, is IntraWeb listed but unchecked?
Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 8:19 AM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
On 2/21/2018 10:16 AM, Daniel Bolliger wrote:
There was another package installed "IWJclCompileTest_D2010"

Is this a project of yours? If it sucked in IW units, Delphi will be
unable to load the IW design pkg.

Still, after that a had a few crashes on startup of the IDE:
seemingly the IDE tried to install IntraWeb twice - (due to Tools > Options > Environment Options > Options for Autosave "Project Desktop" checked !?!)

Anyhow, the IDE is stable now and IntraWeb is usable again

Twice is unusual unless it found 2 different pkgs....

Anyways glad its working.. lets leave well enough alone for now unless
you discover other issues.
Daniel Bolliger

Posts: 6
Registered: 4/4/02
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 8:35 AM   in response to: Chad Hower in response to: Chad Hower
no project of mine, that is what puzzels me

the project itself is installed by the IW installer into the default path
..MyProfile\AppData\Roaming\IntraWeb XIV\Source\IWJclCompileTest_D2010.droj

(did uninstall, clear out the path, reinstall...)

can't say how the thing could end up as installed package ..hm

so yes, will go for other issues :-)

Chad Hower wrote:
On 2/21/2018 10:16 AM, Daniel Bolliger wrote:
There was another package installed "IWJclCompileTest_D2010"

Is this a project of yours? If it sucked in IW units, Delphi will be
unable to load the IW design pkg.

Still, after that a had a few crashes on startup of the IDE:
seemingly the IDE tried to install IntraWeb twice - (due to Tools > Options > Environment Options > Options for Autosave "Project Desktop" checked !?!)

Anyhow, the IDE is stable now and IntraWeb is usable again

Twice is unusual unless it found 2 different pkgs....

Anyways glad its working.. lets leave well enough alone for now unless
you discover other issues.
Chad Hower

Posts: 613
Registered: 3/2/07
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 12:36 PM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
Hmm.. Will check that urgently. Thanks.

On 2/21/2018 12:35 PM, Daniel Bolliger wrote:
no project of mine, that is what puzzels me

the project itself is installed by the IW installer into the default path
..MyProfile\AppData\Roaming\IntraWeb XIV\Source\IWJclCompileTest_D2010.droj

(did uninstall, clear out the path, reinstall...)

can't say how the thing could end up as installed package ..hm

so yes, will go for other issues :-)

Chad Hower wrote:
On 2/21/2018 10:16 AM, Daniel Bolliger wrote:
There was another package installed "IWJclCompileTest_D2010"

Is this a project of yours? If it sucked in IW units, Delphi will be
unable to load the IW design pkg.

Still, after that a had a few crashes on startup of the IDE:
seemingly the IDE tried to install IntraWeb twice - (due to Tools > Options > Environment Options > Options for Autosave "Project Desktop" checked !?!)

Anyhow, the IDE is stable now and IntraWeb is usable again

Twice is unusual unless it found 2 different pkgs....

Anyways glad its working.. lets leave well enough alone for now unless
you discover other issues.
Alexandre Machado

Posts: 1,754
Registered: 8/10/13
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 27, 2018 11:28 PM   in response to: Daniel Bolliger in response to: Daniel Bolliger
Daniel Bolliger wrote:
no project of mine, that is what puzzels me

the project itself is installed by the IW installer into the default path
..MyProfile\AppData\Roaming\IntraWeb XIV\Source\IWJclCompileTest_D2010.droj

IWJclCompileTest_D2010.bpl is not part of standard IntraWeb distribution. The sources are part of standard distribution, though.
Maybe you build it from sources and installed it on your IDE?
Daniel Bolliger

Posts: 6
Registered: 4/4/02
Re: Need help: can not install Intraweb 14.2.6 onto Delphi 10.2.2 Enterprise  
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Mar 1, 2018 4:32 AM   in response to: Alexandre Machado in response to: Alexandre Machado
Probably..
though did not know of that project or path before..

Many thanks for your support
best regards

Alexandre Machado wrote:
Daniel Bolliger wrote:
no project of mine, that is what puzzels me

the project itself is installed by the IW installer into the default path
..MyProfile\AppData\Roaming\IntraWeb XIV\Source\IWJclCompileTest_D2010.droj

IWJclCompileTest_D2010.bpl is not part of standard IntraWeb distribution. The sources are part of standard distribution, though.
Maybe you build it from sources and installed it on your IDE?
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02