Watch, Follow, &
Connect with Us

For forums, blogs and more please visit our
Developer Tools Community.

Welcome, Guest
Guest Settings
Help

Thread: Running Firemonkey from Berlin update 2 yields strange UI results.

Permlink Replies: 5 - Last Post: Feb 22, 2018 2:07 PM Last Post By: Jeremy North
al nickels

Running Firemonkey from Berlin update 2 yields strange UI results.
Click to report abuse...   Click to reply to this thread Reply
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 12:51 PM
I am using Delphi XE 10 Berlin update 2 anniversary edition. Are there any updates to Firemonkey that will help render a better UX on Android. My Win version works as expected, but my Android version produces a rectangle that is supposed to be gradient orange as a gradient black.
Jeremy North

Re: Running Firemonkey from Berlin update 2 yields strange UI results.
  Posted: Feb 21, 2018 1:07 PM   in response to: al nickels in response to: al nickels
al nickels wrote:
I am using Delphi XE 10 Berlin update 2 anniversary edition. Are there any updates to Firemonkey that will help render a better UX on Android. My Win version works as expected, but my Android version produces a rectangle that is supposed to be gradient orange as a gradient black.

Can you provide an example with the issue?
al nickels

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 1:19 PM   in response to: Jeremy North in response to: Jeremy North
Sample source code or sample project?

Jeremy North wrote:
al nickels wrote:

al nickels

Posted: Feb 21, 2018 3:12 PM   in response to: Jeremy North in response to: Jeremy North
I posted a sample application in the attachments section. Only the 2nd button labeled rectangle test should appear.
Jeremy North wrote:
al nickels wrote:

al nickels

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 3:52 AM   in response to: al nickels in response to: al nickels
Changed fill->color from chocolate to blue and now the rectangle appears on the android UI. Are there certain colors on Android that do not appear?
al nickels wrote:
I posted a sample application in the attachments section. Only the 2nd button labeled rectangle test should appear.> > Jeremy North wrote:
al nickels wrote:

Jeremy North

Posted: Feb 22, 2018 2:07 PM   in response to: al nickels in response to: al nickels
al nickels wrote:
Changed fill->color from chocolate to blue and now the rectangle appears on the android UI. Are there certain colors on Android that do not appear?
al nickels wrote:
I posted a sample application in the attachments section. Only the 2nd button labeled rectangle test should appear.> > Jeremy North wrote:
al nickels wrote:

That is really odd. I initially reproduce your experience on a Samsung galaxy 6 running Android 7.

However I then switched the View: to the Android 4" phone one you created and toggled the colour choice (so it was back to chocolate). Now it works as expected.
Seems like the colour might not have been stored in the custom Android only FMX file.

I did this under Tokyo, but I expect the same from Berlin.
Legend
Helpful Answer (5 pts)
Correct Answer (10 pts)

Server Response from: ETNAJIVE02